selling an athlon system

MoonSafari

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hey everyone,

i'm not sure if this is the right category to post in, but i didn't see one that really fit. anyway, i'm considering selling my system to help finance my new one. i'm just wondering what a fair price would be to ask for. system specs are:

AMD Atlon @ 1.1Ghz
KT7-A Raid Motherboard
768 Mb Ram
3D Prophet GeForce 2 MX 64MB
3DFX Voodoo 3 16MB - for dual monitor setup
SoundBlaster Audigy soundcard
40GB storage (2x20GB drives)
Kenwood True-X CD-Rom
Creative 4X CDRW
Antec Soho case (black)
FireWire IEEE card
10/100 Network adapter

also consider including a 17in. KDS monitor

pat

Expert
Common...the combo board/cpu is not the most performing in today's standard. Both video card are useless for gaming..same for cd-rom..@0 Gigs HDD,must be slow. Waiting forever for level to load!!! The only thing that sound good is the firewire and Audigy sound card, but even the Audigy is old, by today's new Audigy standard... so dont expect more than 200$. Good nforce2 board/cpu/ram/videocard can be build now for less than 600.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

MoonSafari

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
oh well...that's what i was afraid of. just went through a moment of denial.

who would you recommend to buy a custom workstation from? i could just buy all the parts, but i'd like some sort of all encompasing warranty.

pat

Expert
Well. I dont know. Maybe www.tigerdirect.com in the states or www.tigerdirect.ca in canada...for europe, I have no idea!

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

miniklobb

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2004
i'd say don't try and sell t here as most of us are looking for cutting edge stuff check out what pieces are getting on ebay as it's probly worth more in pieces then as a system, but try pawning i off on a friend that dosen't live close to you as they will always want help wth it.

P4 2.8c
Seagate 160g 7200rpm 8mb cache
2x256 Crucial PC3200
Radeon 9800pro 128
Asus P4P800