Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Upgrade now, or wait a few months?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 15, 2004 5:01:39 PM

I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade rightn now. I don't desperately need a new comp this moment, and therefore wonder if something worth waiting for is coming out within the next few months.

I've been leaning toward:
mobile 2500+
nforce 2 board
9800pro
2 hdd's in raid (not sure if I want to do sata or not)
at least 512 ddr pc3200

More about : upgrade wait months

April 15, 2004 5:34:37 PM

Wait a few months. Prices for new tech will drop (i.e Nvidia 6800 / ATI X800, NF3-250), also the new socket 939 will be avalable. Wait!

I am a small fat ginger kid and I lob cow pats at old people, please be my friend
April 16, 2004 4:05:02 AM

what he said ^


P4 2.8c
Seagate 160g 7200rpm 8mb cache
2x256 Crucial PC3200
Radeon 9800pro 128
Asus P4P800
April 16, 2004 4:13:30 AM

If you are pretty much set on getting the system you mentioned, dont wait. The video card you mentioned is at a great price, even for a midrange card (which it has become) and the rumour mill has it that the xp-m chips are to be discontinued. It is a great setup, overclocks to top perf, and may not be around in a couple of months. Prices are not likely to go much if any lower.
!