russell

I have a new computer with XP and I installed Office Teacher/Student edition.

This happens only to me and not to other users on this computer.

In various dialog boxes, in Office programs, the flashing pointer that shows
my location as I type, may or may not appear. And in some, i.e. the large
'notes' box at the bottom of the contact dialog box, the pointer is visible
on the left half of the box, then disappears on the right half and then
reappears on the left again.

How do I fix this?

What "video settings" are you using compared the the other users? I
suspect there is a graphics card issue and you are pushing it over the
edge. A few things you can try are reducing video adapter hardware
acceleration, or reduce screen resolution or reduce color depth, install
current drivers from manufactures web site for your card.

Russell wrote:

> I have a new computer with XP and I installed Office Teacher/Student edition.
>
> This happens only to me and not to other users on this computer.
>
> In various dialog boxes, in Office programs, the flashing pointer that shows
> my location as I type, may or may not appear. And in some, i.e. the large
> 'notes' box at the bottom of the contact dialog box, the pointer is visible
> on the left half of the box, then disappears on the right half and then
> reappears on the left again.
>
> How do I fix this?

russell

I have not touched any video settings on the machine for any user. But I
will investigate.

"Bob I" wrote:

> What "video settings" are you using compared the the other users? I
> suspect there is a graphics card issue and you are pushing it over the
> edge. A few things you can try are reducing video adapter hardware
> acceleration, or reduce screen resolution or reduce color depth, install
> current drivers from manufactures web site for your card.
>
> Russell wrote:
>
> > I have a new computer with XP and I installed Office Teacher/Student edition.
> >
> > This happens only to me and not to other users on this computer.
> >
> > In various dialog boxes, in Office programs, the flashing pointer that shows
> > my location as I type, may or may not appear. And in some, i.e. the large
> > 'notes' box at the bottom of the contact dialog box, the pointer is visible
> > on the left half of the box, then disappears on the right half and then
> > reappears on the left again.
> >
> > How do I fix this?

Another possibility being that under you own setup on the computer the settings in the Mouse \Properties is set to Snap To in Pointer Options

--
Peter

"Russell" <Russell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EB83737-0C29-4FCA-A850-226C504EE54D@microsoft.com...
>I have a new computer with XP and I installed Office Teacher/Student edition.
>
> This happens only to me and not to other users on this computer.
>
> In various dialog boxes, in Office programs, the flashing pointer that shows
> my location as I type, may or may not appear. And in some, i.e. the large
> 'notes' box at the bottom of the contact dialog box, the pointer is visible
> on the left half of the box, then disappears on the right half and then
> reappears on the left again.
>
> How do I fix this?

russell

No, I am not set to Snap To. But I did try Stap To to see if it would help,
then changed back. I also have been changing various mouse settings to see
if that would help.