i'm using win 2000. i have re-installed the win 2000 however the warning of cpu 100% used still occured (but the frequency is not as often as before). i have checked the task manager and found that windns32.exe & services.exe occupied most of the cpu. what can i do? help!
Next time you will install Windows do this in the following order :
1. Install the OS WITHOUT your Lan card connected to the net
2. Install a firewall (I recommend ZoneAlarm)
3. Install Anti-Virus software (anyone you like)
3. Connect your PC to the internet
4. Update your Anti-Virus definitions files to the latest version
5. Go to www.windowsupdate.com and install ALL the security patch. You will probably have to reboot 100 times (go blame Microsoft for that)
6. Don't use OUTLOOK for your e-mail, anything else is better (I recommend Mozilla.org/ThunderBird)
7. Install ad-aware are run it once a week.
8. DON'T INSTALL CRAP (like Kazaa) and scan the files you D/L from the net.
9. And so on... But I stop there, if you do all this and want more advice, reply to this message.