Sign in with
Your question

HDMI audio doesn't work on PC when inputs are changed

Last response: in Home Audio
June 4, 2012 12:32:03 AM

I started getting an issue recently that I can't seem to fix. I'm using a Samsung T220HD monitor which is plugged into my PC and my Xbox 360 using HDMI. For some reason whenever I change inputs, my HDMI audio still works for my Xbox, but when I check back on PC it tells me that I've disabled an audio device. I have to turn on and turn off my computer to fix this, but that only works as long as I don't change inputs again.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my amd video driver and my realtek audio driver, but that didn't help. If anything I might have done something wrong because I had a similar problem before I uninstalled the drivers, but the issue was less consistent. What I mean is that switching inputs would cause the PC audio to stop functioning, but changing the inputs back and forth would sometimes fix it.
June 10, 2012 8:59:10 PM

You have to restart to make the PC recognize the device.
There is very little alternative.
m
l
June 14, 2012 4:47:02 AM

Yha same thing on mine too. I can sometimes log off and get it to work but most of the time not. Wish there was a fix.
m
l
June 14, 2012 7:36:06 PM

Well this is extremely frustrating. Normally I just plug in my headphones into my PC, but I've been using my Xbox 360 a lot lately so I wish I could just keep my headphones plugged into my TV and have everything work.

Also, I've confirmed that it can work, but if I change inputs on my tv it won't work so restarting my computer isn't much of a solution.

Anyone else have any ideas how I can fix it?
m
l
!