Sign in with
Your question

Updates when shutting down

Last response: in Windows 7
November 28, 2012 11:18:24 PM

Hi,

So i just finished building my PC and got windows 7 installed on my 32gb ssd. I then installed all the drivers etc, for the mobo, gpu, wireless card. So everything seems to be working fine but when i click start and shut down, the shut down has the shield logo thing next to it for updates and when i click on shutdown it says theres 92 updates. So i waited for it to install them and when its done it configures them and windows comes back up. But then when i go to shutdown again it still says theres 92 updates to install and does it all again.

Does anybody know whats going on here?

Thanks.

More about : updates shutting

November 29, 2012 11:12:14 AM

I know some people are with this issue, and some are against it. When I do a clean install on any computer, first thing I do is turn off the automatic updates. I've had several issues before on different computers with updates just messing up programs and driving users crazy.

Better stick with a service pack instead of the downloaded updates. On Windows 7, open Control Panel > Windows Update > Change Settings > Never Check for Updates and uncheck everything.

!