Free tech support for acer

lkg4answ

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I am simply trying to transfer pics from one folder to a new one ... I have to options except send to desktop, documents and compressed files (which I dont want to do) ... can you help?

Copy and Paste.

Select all the images you want to move or copy and hold Ctrl + C to copy
Move to the new folder and then hold Ctrl + V to paste

Now you can go back and remove the pictures from the old folder.

If you replace Ctrl + C with Ctrl + X you can CUT the pictures to the new location. Once pasted, the old images will be gone and only the new location will live on.

You can also right click and select Copy or Paste if you do not want to use the short-keys.

Hope this helps.

Scott_D_Bowen

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Copy and paste a file

When you copy and paste a file , you're making a duplicate of the original file that you can then modify independently of the original file. If you copy and paste a file to a different location on your computer, it's a good idea to give it a different name so that you'll remember which file is new and which file is the original.

To copy and paste a file:

Open the location that contains the file you want to copy.

Right-click the file, and then click Copy.

Open the location where you want to store the copy.

Right-click an empty space within the location, and then click Paste. The copy of the original file is now stored in the new location.

For information about copying multiple files, see Select multiple files or folders.

Tips
Another way to copy and paste files is to use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+C (Copy) and Ctrl+V (Paste).

You can also press and hold the right-mouse button and then drag the file to the new location. When you release the mouse button, click Copy here.

You can copy and paste a folder the same way you would a file. When you do this, all the files in the folder are copied as well.

Source: Windows 7 Help and Support (in your Start Menu), searching for: copy and paste

lkg4answ

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
this was good info, I am familiar with copy and pasting ... I have pictures that all go in downloading file ... I cant get them out of there ... the only 2 options I have when I scroll to send is DESKTOP (shortcut) or compressed file (and I dont want to compress the files) .... I used to be able to make all sorts of diff. themed folders with my fotos, now they are all in one place .... so that is my question ... the only thing I've been able to do is make a new folder for the LIBRARY, it never shows up as an option when I am downloading or trying to transfer pics .... hope this is not too wordy

lkg4answ

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

tried the Ctrl + C and then with X ... but nothing ..... shouldn't be this complicated, it worked effortlessly with my old computer!!!