If I go to the taskbar and hit ..........

Properties Taskbar Customize

I get a history list of icons recntly on the taskbar including a list
of recent program downloads.

How do I edit this list??

Thanks

Jack Black wrote:
> If I go to the taskbar and hit ..........
>
> Properties Taskbar Customize
>
> I get a history list of icons recntly on the taskbar
> including a list of recent program downloads.
>
> How do I edit this list??
>
> Thanks

I don't think you can edit the list. The only solutions I've
ever seen end up deleting all the entries, not individual ones.

Open the Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit.exe).
Navigate to this location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

To clear the Past Items you would right click on PastIconStream
and select Delete from the drop down menu.
To clear Current Items you'd do the same for IconStream.

Next, you have to run Task Manager, click on the Processes
page, click on Explorer and hit the End Process button.
Finally, in Task Manager go to File -> New Task -> Explorer and
click OK.

There's an automated solution to remove the Past Items provided
here:

Remove Past Items From the Notification Area (Line 53)

Good luck

Nepatsfan