i8600 vs Toshiba M20

I'm thinking of buying a i8600 configered similarily or this toshiba below.
What do you guys think? I have a dell i8100 rit now but the toshiba seems
cheaper or at least not more expensive as it was when i bought my i8100

Mfr. Part Number: PSM30C-7100K
Audio Type Harman/Kardon Stereo
Average Battery Life 3 Hours
Battery Type Lithium Ion
Cache 32KB/8KB L1, 1MB L2
CPU Speed 1.6 GHz
CPU Type Intel Centrino Mobile Technology
Fax/Modem 56K V.92 Modem
Hard Drive 80GB HDD
I/O Ports 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x Parallel; See Below
Included In Box AC Adapter, Power Cord, Recovery CD
Network Card 10/100, 802.11g High-Speed Wireless
Optical Drives DVD-R/RW DVD Burner
Other Software Utilities, WinDVD4, Drag 'n Drop CD+DVD
PC Card Slots 1 Type II
Pointing Device Touchpad
Preloaded Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Product Dimensions 36.0(W) x 2.5(H) x 27.0(D) cm
Product Weight 2.9 kg
RAM (Preloaded / Maximum) 512MB DDR RAM (Exp. To 2.0GB)
Removable Storage Optional - Sold Separately
Screen Size 15.4"
Screen Type WXGA+ TFT
Speakers Direct 3D Sound
System Bus 400 MHz
Video Type GeForceGo 5200 64MB, 200MHz, 128-Bit
2 answers Last reply
More about i8600 toshiba

    On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 05:01:04 GMT, "Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:

    >I'm thinking of buying a i8600 configered similarily or this toshiba below.
    >What do you guys think? I have a dell i8100 rit now but the toshiba seems
    >cheaper or at least not more expensive as it was when i bought my i8100

    I, also, debated between the Toshiba and the Inspiron 8600.

    I chose the 8600 because of my prior Dell experience and have been VERY
    happy with my 8600 since October.

    Good luck with whichever you choose!
    --
    <<<SgtRich>>>

    Desktop: Dell Dimension XPS T550
    Notebook: Dell Inspiron 8600
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on both

    I have had the 8600 since sept. 2003. Very happy, no problems.
    I have a 60 gig drive, sxvga 64mb, 512 ram, 1.3 Ghz, and it last almost
    4 hours.

    Inspiration wrote:
    > I'm thinking of buying a i8600 configered similarily or this toshiba below.
    > What do you guys think? I have a dell i8100 rit now but the toshiba seems
    > cheaper or at least not more expensive as it was when i bought my i8100
    >
    > Mfr. Part Number: PSM30C-7100K
    > Audio Type Harman/Kardon Stereo
    > Average Battery Life 3 Hours
    > Battery Type Lithium Ion
    > Cache 32KB/8KB L1, 1MB L2
    > CPU Speed 1.6 GHz
    > CPU Type Intel Centrino Mobile Technology
    > Fax/Modem 56K V.92 Modem
    > Hard Drive 80GB HDD
    > I/O Ports 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x Parallel; See Below
    > Included In Box AC Adapter, Power Cord, Recovery CD
    > Network Card 10/100, 802.11g High-Speed Wireless
    > Optical Drives DVD-R/RW DVD Burner
    > Other Software Utilities, WinDVD4, Drag 'n Drop CD+DVD
    > PC Card Slots 1 Type II
    > Pointing Device Touchpad
    > Preloaded Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    > Product Dimensions 36.0(W) x 2.5(H) x 27.0(D) cm
    > Product Weight 2.9 kg
    > RAM (Preloaded / Maximum) 512MB DDR RAM (Exp. To 2.0GB)
    > Removable Storage Optional - Sold Separately
    > Screen Size 15.4"
    > Screen Type WXGA+ TFT
    > Speakers Direct 3D Sound
    > System Bus 400 MHz
    > Video Type GeForceGo 5200 64MB, 200MHz, 128-Bit

Dell Toshiba Computers