mn-700 losing connection?

Last response: in Networking
September 5, 2004 3:47:21 PM

hi, i have a MN-700 connected to a desktop PC 24/7 and at
least once a day i lose the IP address and i have to
switch off my modem and the wireless router and do the
ipconfig /release and /renew.

its getting tiresome - and just want to know if anyone
else has the same problem, or could it be my DSL provider
screwing things up and should i be troubleshooting from
that side of things,

Thanks!

More about : 700 losing connection

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 11:34:42 PM

Hi,

There's a firmware patch that fixes an issue with PPPoE for the MN-700 which
is available from the Microsoft Broadband Website.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...

Resolved an issue that caused PPPoE Internet connections to randomly drop.
and
Corrected a DHCP issue that caused the routing functionality of the MN-700
to not work when the DHCP server is disabled. Routing functionality should
now work correctly without having to enable the DHCP server.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

Protect Your PC: 3 steps to help ensure your PC is protected
Microsoft wants to help ensure your PC is protected from the latest
Blaster virus, as well as from future threats. Please go to
www.microsoft.com/protect and follow these steps today.

1. Use an Internet Firewall
2. Update Your Computer
3. Use Up-to-Date Antivirus Software

To get more information and resources about how to help protect
your PC, go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect
"Callum" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, i have a MN-700 connected to a desktop PC 24/7 and at
> least once a day i lose the IP address and i have to
> switch off my modem and the wireless router and do the
> ipconfig /release and /renew.
>
> its getting tiresome - and just want to know if anyone
> else has the same problem, or could it be my DSL provider
> screwing things up and should i be troubleshooting from
> that side of things,
>
> Thanks!
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 11:34:43 PM

Thanks Gary, i will see if i installed this correctly. i
am sure i installed this patch earlier in the year, but
perhaps it didnt work correctly.

Cheers

LoadMain.mspx

>Resolved an issue that caused PPPoE Internet connections
to randomly drop.
>and
>Corrected a DHCP issue that caused the routing
functionality of the MN-700
>to not work when the DHCP server is disabled. Routing
functionality should
>now work correctly without having to enable the DHCP
server.

>--
>Gary Tsang
>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>
>Protect Your PC: 3 steps to help ensure your PC is
protected
>Microsoft wants to help ensure your PC is protected from
the latest
>Blaster virus, as well as from future threats. Please go
>www.microsoft.com/protect and follow these steps today.
>
>1. Use an Internet Firewall
>2. Update Your Computer
>3. Use Up-to-Date Antivirus Software
>
>To get more information and resources about how to help
protect
>your PC, go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>"Callum" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> hi, i have a MN-700 connected to a desktop PC 24/7 and
at
>> least once a day i lose the IP address and i have to
>> switch off my modem and the wireless router and do the
>> ipconfig /release and /renew.
>>
>> its getting tiresome - and just want to know if anyone
>> else has the same problem, or could it be my DSL
provider
>> screwing things up and should i be troubleshooting from
>> that side of things,
>>
>> Thanks!
>

>.

September 9, 2004 1:38:09 AM

I am having the same problem and everything is upto date
with firmware..

Jeff

DLoadMain.mspx

>Resolved an issue that caused PPPoE Internet connections
to randomly drop.
>and
>Corrected a DHCP issue that caused the routing
functionality of the MN-700
>to not work when the DHCP server is disabled. Routing
functionality should
>now work correctly without having to enable the DHCP
server.

>--
>Gary Tsang
>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>
>Protect Your PC: 3 steps to help ensure your PC is
protected
>Microsoft wants to help ensure your PC is protected from
the latest
>Blaster virus, as well as from future threats. Please go
>www.microsoft.com/protect and follow these steps today.
>
>1. Use an Internet Firewall
>2. Update Your Computer
>3. Use Up-to-Date Antivirus Software
>
>To get more information and resources about how to help
protect
>your PC, go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>"Callum" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> hi, i have a MN-700 connected to a desktop PC 24/7 and
at
>> least once a day i lose the IP address and i have to
>> switch off my modem and the wireless router and do the
>> ipconfig /release and /renew.
>>
>> its getting tiresome - and just want to know if anyone
>> else has the same problem, or could it be my DSL
provider
>> screwing things up and should i be troubleshooting from
>> that side of things,
>>
>> Thanks!
>

>.

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 11:29:36 AM

i got over the issue (so far had a day of not having to
reset anyway) by disabling one of my routers, that was
connecting to the modem and my MN-700 (and the mn-700 was
connected to the desktop pc). This works but now i need
to get a firewall set up. looking into that right now

September 9, 2004 2:47:34 PM

On my computer, the problem disappeared after I installed SP2.

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
896b01c49626$ced44d00$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>I am having the same problem and everything is upto date
> with firmware..
>
> Jeff

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 9:00:45 PM

Thanks, but i dont think i will be installing SP2 on any
machine, it causes problems according to the newsgroup :(

_
>> DLoadMain.mspx
>>>
>>>Resolved an issue that caused PPPoE Internet connections
>> to randomly drop.
>>>and
>>>Corrected a DHCP issue that caused the routing
>> functionality of the MN-700
>>>to not work when the DHCP server is disabled. Routing
>> functionality should
>>>now work correctly without having to enable the DHCP
>> server.
>>>

>>>--
>>>Gary Tsang
>>>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
>>>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>>
>>>Protect Your PC: 3 steps to help ensure your PC is
>> protected
>>>Microsoft wants to help ensure your PC is protected from
>> the latest
>>>Blaster virus, as well as from future threats. Please go
>>>www.microsoft.com/protect and follow these steps today.
>>>
>>>1. Use an Internet Firewall
>>>2. Update Your Computer
>>>3. Use Up-to-Date Antivirus Software
>>>
>>>To get more information and resources about how to help
>> protect
>>>your PC, go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>>"Callum" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> at

>> provider
from

>>>.
>>>

>.

September 10, 2004 1:19:20 AM

I've been running SP2 for a long time so I doubt thats
it.. I am able to ping other machines that are plugged
into the station, but I am unable to ping the stations IP
address when it goes down. I have to power cycle it to
get it back online. I didnt seem to have this problem
until I updated the firmware about 3 weeks back... about
the same time SP2 released.

Jeff

0_
>> DLoadMain.mspx
>>>
>>>Resolved an issue that caused PPPoE Internet
connections
>> to randomly drop.
>>>and
>>>Corrected a DHCP issue that caused the routing
>> functionality of the MN-700
>>>to not work when the DHCP server is disabled. Routing
>> functionality should
>>>now work correctly without having to enable the DHCP
>> server.
>>>

>>>--
>>>Gary Tsang
>>>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
>>>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>>
>>>Protect Your PC: 3 steps to help ensure your PC is
>> protected
>>>Microsoft wants to help ensure your PC is protected
from
>> the latest
>>>Blaster virus, as well as from future threats. Please
go
>>>www.microsoft.com/protect and follow these steps today.
>>>
>>>1. Use an Internet Firewall
>>>2. Update Your Computer
>>>3. Use Up-to-Date Antivirus Software
>>>
>>>To get more information and resources about how to help
>> protect
>>>your PC, go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>>"Callum" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
and
>> at
the

anyone
>> provider
from

>>>.
>>>

>.

September 10, 2004 3:47:44 AM

Far from having problems, other than reconfiguring some programs
and reinstalling drivers (the same as before), my computer runs
better than before.

"Callum" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 044401c496c9$389ad2c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
Thanks, but i dont think i will be installing SP2 on any
machine, it causes problems according to the newsgroup :(

Anonymous
September 10, 2004 7:13:00 AM

You can't discount SP2 on what you read in the NG. For every one person here
having problems there are many having no problems at all and have no reason
to post in a NG. I've been running SP2 since the Preview and haven't had a
single problem.

!