New battery will not charge.

It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any ideas?

Thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about battery charge

    "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any
    > ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.

    With the wealth of information you have given, you cannot honestly expect an
    answer, do you?

    Bobby

    What more info do you need? Old battery died. Battery replaced. Battery
    plugged in for two days and computer is not recognizing it.

    Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.

    "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

    > "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any
    > > ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    >

    > With the wealth of information you have given, you cannot honestly expect an
    > answer, do you?
    >
    > Bobby

    If you go to Control Panel and open Power Options does it detect
    and report the presence of the batter and it's charge level ?

    > What more info do you need? Old battery died. Battery replaced. Battery
    > plugged in for two days and computer is not recognizing it.
    >
    > Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.
    >
    > "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
    >

    >> "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any
    >> > ideas?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.
    >>

    >> With the wealth of information you have given, you cannot honestly expect
    >> an
    >> answer, do you?
    >>
    >> Bobby

    Yes. It says 10%. When I first replaced it, it said 89%.

    Thank you for the help.

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > If you go to Control Panel and open Power Options does it detect
    > and report the presence of the batter and it's charge level ?
    >
    > "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > What more info do you need? Old battery died. Battery replaced. Battery
    > > plugged in for two days and computer is not recognizing it.
    > >
    > > Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.
    > >
    > > "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
    > >

    > >> "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > >> With the wealth of information you have given, you cannot honestly expect
    > >> an
    > >> answer, do you?
    > >>
    > >> Bobby

    Then I would remove the notebook from AC Power. Make sure
    the battery icon now appears in the System Tray (by Time display)
    and that the AC plug icon is gone. Don't let the notebook go to a
    low-power state, but drain the battery completely. You may have
    to temporarily change the batter power savings mode. Once the
    battery is completed discharged, put it back on AC power and
    watch the charging meter and make sure it goes to 100%. If not
    then the replacement battery may not be correct or you could have
    a defective one (Yes, batteries can be defective). You can speed
    up the discharge by perhaps watching a DVD movie or some other
    peripheral use that will increase the power loading.

    > Yes. It says 10%. When I first replaced it, it said 89%.
    >
    > Thank you for the help.
    >
    > "R. McCarty" wrote:
    >
    >> If you go to Control Panel and open Power Options does it detect
    >> and report the presence of the batter and it's charge level ?
    >>
    >> "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > What more info do you need? Old battery died. Battery replaced.
    >> > Battery
    >> > plugged in for two days and computer is not recognizing it.
    >> >
    >> > Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.

    "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any
    > ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Assuming from your subject line that you have a battery and it isn't
    charging, then logically either the battery is duff or the charger is. Try
    replacing one or the other - probably not as easy as it sounds if its a
    laptop - but easy enough if you are talking about AA batteries.

    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.ukk/brian

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:37:11 -0700, wifeogeek
    <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Yes. Talk to your manufacturer. This isn't an XP problem.

    If this is a question about a UPS, they are shipped with the
    battery disconnected and it must be opened and the
    connections made, then the battery needs 24 hours plugged it
    to a live circuit to charge.

    some support

    "NobodyMan" <none@none.net> wrote in message
    | On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:37:11 -0700, wifeogeek
    | <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    |
    | >It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was
    restarted. Any ideas?

    | >Thanks.
    |
    | Yes. Talk to your manufacturer. This isn't an XP
    problem.

Battery Computers Microsoft Windows XP