It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any ideas?

Thanks.

"wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks.

With the wealth of information you have given, you cannot honestly expect an
answer, do you?

Bobby

What more info do you need? Old battery died. Battery replaced. Battery
plugged in for two days and computer is not recognizing it.

Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any
> > ideas?
> >
> > Thanks.
>

> With the wealth of information you have given, you cannot honestly expect an
> answer, do you?
>
> Bobby

If you go to Control Panel and open Power Options does it detect
and report the presence of the batter and it's charge level ?

> What more info do you need? Old battery died. Battery replaced. Battery
> plugged in for two days and computer is not recognizing it.
>
> Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.
>
> "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
>

>> "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any
>> > ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>>

>> With the wealth of information you have given, you cannot honestly expect
>> an
>> answer, do you?
>>
>> Bobby

Yes. It says 10%. When I first replaced it, it said 89%.

Thank you for the help.

"R. McCarty" wrote:

> If you go to Control Panel and open Power Options does it detect
> and report the presence of the batter and it's charge level ?
>
> "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What more info do you need? Old battery died. Battery replaced. Battery
> > plugged in for two days and computer is not recognizing it.
> >
> > Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.
> >
> > "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
> >

> >> "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> With the wealth of information you have given, you cannot honestly expect
> >> an
> >> answer, do you?
> >>
> >> Bobby

Then I would remove the notebook from AC Power. Make sure
the battery icon now appears in the System Tray (by Time display)
and that the AC plug icon is gone. Don't let the notebook go to a
low-power state, but drain the battery completely. You may have
to temporarily change the batter power savings mode. Once the
battery is completed discharged, put it back on AC power and
watch the charging meter and make sure it goes to 100%. If not
then the replacement battery may not be correct or you could have
a defective one (Yes, batteries can be defective). You can speed
up the discharge by perhaps watching a DVD movie or some other
peripheral use that will increase the power loading.

> Yes. It says 10%. When I first replaced it, it said 89%.
>
> Thank you for the help.
>
> "R. McCarty" wrote:
>
>> If you go to Control Panel and open Power Options does it detect
>> and report the presence of the batter and it's charge level ?
>>
>> "wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What more info do you need? Old battery died. Battery replaced.
>> > Battery
>> > plugged in for two days and computer is not recognizing it.
>> >
>> > Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.

"wifeogeek" <wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Assuming from your subject line that you have a battery and it isn't
charging, then logically either the battery is duff or the charger is. Try
replacing one or the other - probably not as easy as it sounds if its a
laptop - but easy enough if you are talking about AA batteries.

--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.ukk/brian

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:37:11 -0700, wifeogeek
<wifeogeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It's been plugged in for two days, and the computer was restarted. Any ideas?
>
>Thanks.

Yes. Talk to your manufacturer. This isn't an XP problem.

If this is a question about a UPS, they are shipped with the
battery disconnected and it must be opened and the
connections made, then the battery needs 24 hours plugged it
to a live circuit to charge.

some support