tell me why starship is the poor mans MM

Last response: in Video Games
August 16, 2005 12:59:46 AM

can any one explain to me why starship is calle dthe poormans MM i am
buying a starship in about a month and woudl like to be informed

thanks

Herman

More about : starship poor mans

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:59:47 AM

The playfield layouts are almost identical. The brain bug is in almost
the same place as the right troll on MM.
August 16, 2005 12:59:47 AM

i dont know, but i do know that a good quality mm can make a poor man
outta ya ;-)
August 16, 2005 12:59:47 AM

AFM is the Poorer mans MM, Starship doesn't come close.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:59:47 AM

Well I don't know about it being a poor mans MM but I just picked up a
huo Starship Troopers and it's a great game one of Segas best for sure.
herman kane wrote:
> can any one explain to me why starship is calle dthe poormans MM i am
> buying a starship in about a month and woudl like to be informed
>

> thanks
>
> Herman
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:59:47 AM

Totally agree with IronMan.

AFM is the "poor mans MM." Starship Troopers may supposedly have a
similar layout, but it's far from even being remotely comparable to MM
or AFM. A remotely similar layout alone doesn't have much to do with
making a game like MM.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:59:47 AM

I'd take an AFM over MM any day.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:59:47 AM

I have never heard that. If I did, I would laugh at whomever said it.
Right to their face, even if they were selling a SsT I was buying. I
LIKE SsT, but it is nothing like MedMad.

-cody

>can any one explain to me why starship is >calle dthe poormans MM i am
>buying a starship in about a month and woudl >like to be informed

>thanks

>Herman
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:59:47 AM

I thought Big Guns was the poor man's MM? ;)
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:59:48 AM

On 15 Aug 2005 16:06:13 -0700, "Chris Lyon" <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I'd take an AFM over MM any day.

Me too.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 2:50:18 AM

I agree. Kinda ugly, but it is fun to play. :)

--
Fred
TX

<pinballtom264@gmail.com> wrote

> Well I don't know about it being a poor mans MM but I just picked up a
> huo Starship Troopers and it's a great game one of Segas best for sure.
> herman kane wrote:
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 2:51:18 AM

That was a couple of weeks ago.

Try to keep up. ;D

--
Fred
TX

"PinDude" <gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1124154200.726716.147820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I thought Big Guns was the poor man's MM? ;)

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 4:19:57 AM

In 2 weeks, it'll be Raven!

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
news:D drnrs01h26@enews2.newsguy.com...
> That was a couple of weeks ago.
>
> Try to keep up. ;D
>
> --
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
> ******************
>

> "PinDude" <gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I thought Big Guns was the poor man's MM? ;)

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:14:17 AM

Hey, if it weren't for the sniper targets in Raven, there would be no
trolls in MM. ;-)

Jim
--
flipper [at] pa [dot] net

John Wart, jr wrote:
> In 2 weeks, it'll be Raven!
>

> --
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> "Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
> news:D drnrs01h26@enews2.newsguy.com...
> > That was a couple of weeks ago.
> >
> > Try to keep up. ;D
> >
> > --
> > Fred
> > TX
> > CARGPB#8
> > ******************
> >

> > "PinDude" <gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> I thought Big Guns was the poor man's MM? ;)

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:17:55 AM

pinballtom264@gmail.com wrote:
> Well I don't know about it being a poor mans MM but I just picked up a
> huo Starship Troopers and it's a great game one of Segas best for sure.
> herman kane wrote:

Kinda like saying the hatchback was the best Pinto.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 1:30:32 PM

ldnayman wrote:

> Kinda like saying the hatchback was the best Pinto.

Now *that* is a bunch of hooey. Everyone knows the wagon was the best!

http://www.fordpinto.com/yourwagons.asp

- Josh A.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:25:38 PM

I liked the "vest pockect" van/panel myself. :)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
===============================

Josh A. wrote:
> ldnayman wrote:
>
> > Kinda like saying the hatchback was the best Pinto.
>
> Now *that* is a bunch of hooey. Everyone knows the wagon was the best!
>
> http://www.fordpinto.com/yourwagons.asp
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 4:47:44 PM

I have both, and in my view they are very very different machines.

ST is great for a short blast and fast-paced games. MM offers long
games where you need to build a sequence of completed tasks in order to
get high scores.

PS: this is my first post to this newsgroup. Hi everyone :-)

herman kane wrote:
> can any one explain to me why starship is calle dthe poormans MM i am
> buying a starship in about a month and woudl like to be informed
>

> thanks
>
> Herman

September 13, 2005 4:47:45 PM

Welcome aboard!