tell me why starship is the poor mans MM

can any one explain to me why starship is calle dthe poormans MM i am
buying a starship in about a month and woudl like to be informed

thanks

Herman
18 answers Last reply
More about tell starship poor mans

    The playfield layouts are almost identical. The brain bug is in almost
    the same place as the right troll on MM.

    i dont know, but i do know that a good quality mm can make a poor man
    outta ya ;-)

    AFM is the Poorer mans MM, Starship doesn't come close.

    Well I don't know about it being a poor mans MM but I just picked up a
    huo Starship Troopers and it's a great game one of Segas best for sure.
    herman kane wrote:
    > can any one explain to me why starship is calle dthe poormans MM i am
    > buying a starship in about a month and woudl like to be informed
    >

    > thanks
    >
    > Herman

    Totally agree with IronMan.

    AFM is the "poor mans MM." Starship Troopers may supposedly have a
    similar layout, but it's far from even being remotely comparable to MM
    or AFM. A remotely similar layout alone doesn't have much to do with
    making a game like MM.

    I'd take an AFM over MM any day.

    I have never heard that. If I did, I would laugh at whomever said it.
    Right to their face, even if they were selling a SsT I was buying. I
    LIKE SsT, but it is nothing like MedMad.

    -cody

    >can any one explain to me why starship is >calle dthe poormans MM i am
    >buying a starship in about a month and woudl >like to be informed

    >thanks

    >Herman

    I thought Big Guns was the poor man's MM? ;)

    On 15 Aug 2005 16:06:13 -0700, "Chris Lyon" <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I'd take an AFM over MM any day.

    Me too.

    I agree. Kinda ugly, but it is fun to play. :)

    --
    Fred
    TX

    <pinballtom264@gmail.com> wrote

    > Well I don't know about it being a poor mans MM but I just picked up a
    > huo Starship Troopers and it's a great game one of Segas best for sure.
    > herman kane wrote:

    That was a couple of weeks ago.

    Try to keep up. ;D

    --
    Fred
    TX

    "PinDude" <gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1124154200.726716.147820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    > I thought Big Guns was the poor man's MM? ;)

    In 2 weeks, it'll be Raven!

    --
    http://www.myhomegameroom.com

    "Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
    > That was a couple of weeks ago.
    >
    > Try to keep up. ;D
    >
    > --
    > Fred
    > TX
    > CARGPB#8
    > ******************
    >

    > "PinDude" <gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I thought Big Guns was the poor man's MM? ;)

    Hey, if it weren't for the sniper targets in Raven, there would be no
    trolls in MM. ;-)

    Jim
    --
    flipper [at] pa [dot] net

    John Wart, jr wrote:
    > In 2 weeks, it'll be Raven!
    >

    > --
    > http://www.myhomegameroom.com
    >

    > "Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
    > > That was a couple of weeks ago.
    > >
    > > Try to keep up. ;D
    > >
    > > --
    > > Fred
    > > TX
    > > CARGPB#8
    > > ******************
    > >

    > > "PinDude" <gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> I thought Big Guns was the poor man's MM? ;)

    pinballtom264@gmail.com wrote:
    > Well I don't know about it being a poor mans MM but I just picked up a
    > huo Starship Troopers and it's a great game one of Segas best for sure.
    > herman kane wrote:

    Kinda like saying the hatchback was the best Pinto.

    ldnayman wrote:

    > Kinda like saying the hatchback was the best Pinto.

    Now *that* is a bunch of hooey. Everyone knows the wagon was the best!

    http://www.fordpinto.com/yourwagons.asp

    - Josh A.

    I liked the "vest pockect" van/panel myself. :)

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    ===============================

    Josh A. wrote:
    > ldnayman wrote:
    >
    > > Kinda like saying the hatchback was the best Pinto.
    >
    > Now *that* is a bunch of hooey. Everyone knows the wagon was the best!
    >
    > http://www.fordpinto.com/yourwagons.asp

    I have both, and in my view they are very very different machines.

    ST is great for a short blast and fast-paced games. MM offers long
    games where you need to build a sequence of completed tasks in order to
    get high scores.

    PS: this is my first post to this newsgroup. Hi everyone :-)

    herman kane wrote:
    > can any one explain to me why starship is calle dthe poormans MM i am
    > buying a starship in about a month and woudl like to be informed
    >

    > thanks
    >
    > Herman

    Welcome aboard!

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    "Virt U Al" <virtual@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > PS: this is my first post to this newsgroup. Hi everyone :-)

Games Video Games