Anyone know how to fix this?

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Anyone know how to fix this? on a win2000 machine I go into control panel click add remove programs and I get a wierd message Syentax error or invalid link etc. then it opens with a blank note pad.

I really dont want to reinstall windows2000 as I have invested much time setting this machine up.

Sorry for posting here but I felt this was the best forum to get an answer.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Will that reset my security settings. I mean like I disabled microsoft virtual machine and installed sun's java among many other things.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Humm... I don't know how much the "repair" affect things like this, but, it's better to try this than to reinstall everything!

--
Would you buy a potato powered chipset?

Mine is a "totally legal" copy of Windows XP. Nah, all jokes aside, I use Windows 3.1 - WHICH I PAYED FOR!

That was... different... kinda slimy... sorta warm... yet, suprisingly arousing...

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Ok got it fixed. first let me say I have a valid product key. Best 200 bucks I ever spent on software was win2k.

I tried the repair it deleted some files (not very many) and reinstalled some system files. I booted and the problem was still there.

So I went with reintall. on reinstall it detected win2k and asked again if I'd like to repair. I said yes. This time it was a major repair kind of like upgrading to a newer OS. This seems to have worked add remove now works and most of my settings seem intact.

I'm happy and thanks for the help.