sttng most like ?

hooked

Distinguished
May 10, 2005

What do you think? I love playing sttng, modes, shoots, widebody etc
but cannot get over the star trek thing. I know some may think thats
nuts and you may be right, but what game do you think may be close?
Not to many places around to play all the titles so I'm looking for
group input.

Thanks,
Robert

Hooked wrote:
> What do you think? I love playing sttng, modes, shoots, widebody etc
> but cannot get over the star trek thing. I know some may think thats
> nuts and you may be right, but what game do you think may be close?
> Not to many places around to play all the titles so I'm looking for
> group input.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

Robert,
I would recommend Road Show -- wide body, shot variety, mult-modes, and
good rule depth.

If you really hooked on wide body Sci-Fi, check out Demolition man.

Both can be played on pinmame if you are looking to purchase.

I agree with Freeman, RoadShow is fairly close in a lot of ways. That
said, I'm a fan of either theme!!

IJ. Lots of modes, lots of theme, lots of widebody playfield area.

So you basically want to play ST:TNG but without the theme?

You may want to try another one of Steve Ritchie's designs- something like
T2, No Fear, Getaway. I can't think if Steve did another wide-body design
(other than early days- Stellar Wars, Superman, etc), but if you like the
play of ST:TNG, then best advice would be to try another Ritchie game- may
have what you like. You can do a search for all his games on www.ipdb.org

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"Hooked" <robertcampbell2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What do you think? I love playing sttng, modes, shoots, widebody etc
> but cannot get over the star trek thing. I know some may think thats
> nuts and you may be right, but what game do you think may be close?
> Not to many places around to play all the titles so I'm looking for
> group input.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

hooked

Distinguished
May 10, 2005

Would love to have an IJ but cost keeps me away. I have been Eyeball'n
a RS but I have heard the heads not working are an issue. Played DM
one time didn't due much for me. Hs2 was fun for a week. Thanks for
your imputs.

I think No Fear is similar with some of those long shots like STTNG. I
don't think the modes are as cool however. IJ has similar mode play
but is so much tighter on the playfield. TAF and TZ are decent options
with good modes but without the great STTNG sound. If you want
widebody, TZ is good.

Hooked wrote:
> What do you think? I love playing sttng, modes, shoots, widebody etc
> but cannot get over the star trek thing. I know some may think thats
> nuts and you may be right, but what game do you think may be close?
> Not to many places around to play all the titles so I'm looking for
> group input.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

I have both STTNG and RS, I never really thought they were similar
other than being superpins. I play STTNG a lot more than RS, I don't
mind either theme. I always thought STTNG was a little of Steve
Ritchie doing Pat Lawlor (because of the shots) but maybe Pat was doing
SR in the 3 flipper design (Think: Flash). Can't beat that flow on
STTNG though. RS is more stop n go. The part that breaks on the heads
most is the eyelids, totally cosmetic.

>Would love to have an IJ but cost keeps me away.

You like STTNG and IJ
You don't like HS2, DM

bite the bullet and buy a IJ or TZ. It seems you need deep rules to
enjoy a game, so that would be my suggestion.

Kirb