Sign in with
Your question

Multiple users simultainiosly

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 25, 2011 2:50:54 PM

Hello,
how many users can i serve with this computer?
April 25, 2011 3:01:14 PM

pretty much as many usernames/passwords as you want. you can only have one user logged on at a time though.
m
l
April 27, 2011 9:02:48 PM

"this computer" is what?

XP has a 10 connection limit, Win 7 has a 20 I think, Server is based on the CAL licenses you buy. And what you use it for will affect how much RAM, CPU, drive speed you need.
m
l
Related resources
May 7, 2011 1:38:55 AM

I have an HP PAVILLION, with a Pentium Dual core. Not sure about other specs, and regardless it appears not possible. How big, or type do I need. I have a wife and daughter in school,& myself. Or would getting separate p/c's be more economical?
m
l
May 9, 2011 1:29:36 PM

biggdl said:
I have an HP PAVILLION, with a Pentium Dual core. Not sure about other specs, and regardless it appears not possible. How big, or type do I need. I have a wife and daughter in school,& myself. Or would getting separate p/c's be more economical?

What are you trying to do here? Just share a PC with others? Share data? You can't all use that computer at once is that is what you are trying to do.
m
l
May 9, 2011 6:49:48 PM

I was thinking about having two people using the p/c simul., one doing a writing assignment, while a second might be surfing or facebooking. but I'm beginning to see that p/c means personal computer, not plenty computer
m
l
May 9, 2011 9:44:42 PM

Thank you. I was already leaning that way, less head aches etc., and thanks again.
m
l
!