2) Make sure the audio is DISABLED in the BIOS (disables the onboard audio chip)
3) Download and install the proper Creative drivers (match the card AND your version of Windows)
*Also, if you have a LEGAL copy of Windows XP/Vista or Windows 7 you can get an upgrade to Windows 8 PRO (digital download costs $40).
1) Ensure your current Windows is legal
2) Go to the Windows 8 Pro upgrade site and follow digital download instructions
3) *you MUST get the 32-bit version if your current Windows is 32-bit (and 64-bit/64-bit)
4) Download the Windows 8 ISO image
5) Burn to DVD if possible for backup
6) Install Windows 8 (just follow instructions)
7) Get Start8 or a free Start Menu replacer (Microsoft MIGHT bring the Start Menu back due to lots of complaints).
**Many people with older computers upgraded to Windows 8 Pro and their systems run really great.
(It's even POSSIBLE that Windows 8 might contain AUDIO DRIVERS for your onboard audio.)