blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Any body interested in AlarmClock I recently wrote? It asks you how many hours and minutes you wish to sleep, and opens your favorite music (note: sound adjusted by the user) when the time is up. I use it all the time on the road on my laptop.

Price: only $3.99 per license. I accept Visa, Money Orders, personal cheques (must be cleared before downloading). Registration code upon payment. You may try before you buy, but the program without a payment will format yer harddrive for a clean AlarmClock installation.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
hahahaahahahahahahaha

right

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
<A HREF="http://www.subhi.com/keyboard.jpg" target="_new">This is you, interweb junky</A>

G

You need some beta tester?

I dont charge anything just send me the program...

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-3-3-8, Leadtek FX5900@450/875, 2X30gig Raid0

SpaceDonkey

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004
I want one. Sounds cool, and at least for once I might wake up on time then, well before your "alarm" starts reformatting my disk.

And if I don't, I'll have a good reason to be late to my weekly AA meeting or Weight Watcher meeting, Drug Addict Self Help Group, Veteran Alien Invader club meeting or our monthly protest mars again Discrimination and Extermination of Space Cattle. Sounds like the best idea in years mate, where do I sign up ?

---------------------------------------------------
I am severly limited in what my mind can perceive.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
You can get free ones online...and I could write a batch file that does the same (winamp does have a good msdos interface...)

Plus, we used one when drunk and needing to wakeup- amazing how u'll get up when the headphones blast in ur ears.

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You sleep with headphones on? You have to be really drunk to do that, but how do you remember to switch the program on if you are "that drunk"?

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is not a beta, it is in Alfa stage, but it works like a Clock. It is a 3.5 KB .vbs file, even you can read it before you try it, it is still a .vbs.. (scarrrry, hehehe).

The thing is that I've tried many ways to "wake myself up" when my Nokia died and I had early morning appointments, so I've tried Scheduled Tasks, counters, and some other junk I cound find, but Scheduler is way too flaky (I don't know why MS still has it there if it is not working 100% of the time). So I spent couple of hours and wolla, it is so good that I am trying to sell it now ;O)>

It has to be more user friendly though, I did it for myself at first, did not even think that it will sell so well ;e>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Where I can send it? And I hope you know it is $3.99 per license, that means one person can use it only one time.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
My friend did. And yes, we were all pretty gone (I had 18-19 shots) but we oddly remembered. Hey, I managed to setup a 4 computer network, open my friend's comp and add in an extra 256MB ram, and fix another friends comp. Odd how what ur good at shines thru when ur drunk haha.

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey, I am not saying there are no other things, but there are no such things as mine: it is ONLY 3KB in size (not 1MB, not 500KB, not even 10KB, but only 3KB), and I can trim it down to 1KB if I remove all the "useful" user info, does the same thing as others do, takes 3KB of memory, and cost!!! not $15, not $10, not even $5, but it is ONLY $3.99 per license, which can be used by any one, and only one time.

So, you do the math. And by the way, I would gladly like to see your proof of the "batch file" threat if you can. IF!? you can do it, I am 100% positive it will not do what mine does with 100% accuracy, and can be used by anyone, any time, and cost only $3.99 per license.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So, no body needs the most advanced Alarm Clock there is? That's fine, I will not be selling my stuff here any more. I know better places than this one. This place is no good for business.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
Why not just create a scheduled task from the control panel? (Under “Schedule Tasks”) You can execute play lists (.pls) or whatever just like a command line. Takes up no space since it is an OS hook.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Re: It's no good for business, but it's a very useful and helpfull place for information.

LOL... you crck me up.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I used to work for a big software company, and we've tried to use it for our scheduled tests, it sucked so many times, that we had to write our own "schedulers". Probably you are the lucky one. Anyway, my Alarm Clock is still on sale for $3.99 per license, and you still can buy it and you still can use it one and only time after activating the license. Fell free to contact my sales office.

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Re: you still can use it one and only time after activating the license.

so you can use it once what good is that? do you at least get to hit snooze for free or is it $3.99 everytime you hit snooze?

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There is no "snooze" option in the program, there is a "Pause" option in the player of your choice, and that option you can use for free (even though I think you'll have to hit play again when you'll want to wake up again, which is kind of sucks, caz you'll have to wake up first, which is not fun without something to wake you up first, in which case you'll have to use my Alarm Clock again, which will bring you to get another license anyway, so why don't you get a bulk with of them and be happy for at least a while)

Note: I can do a very limited but still a discount for bulk buys.

G

Coffee is better and cheaper to wake you up =Þ

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-3-3-8, Leadtek FX5900@450/875, 2X30gig Raid0

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Coffee is not for waking you up, but for keeping you up, my solution is to make sure you get to your appointment in time, not to sleep in for work, do not miss your lovely date because of your terrible hobbit of sleeping, to make sure you are awake when enemies come in at agreed time, etc.

So for $3.99 you can have all that and more if you buy in bulk licenses. Think about it before you make a terrible decision not to have protection for all your waking up needs.

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
I just sync my main system to an NTP server and set up a cron job to do that.

<i>Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...

...an asthmatic werehamster?

<LHGPooBaa> Well, @#!& on me.</i>

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Well, cron is a UNIX convention. Windows does have the Task Scheduler though, which can probably do about the same thing--just run a command at a certain time. Or you could have MS Outlook handle it--it's got a whole set of functionality for managing your schedule and raising audible alarms at certain times.

As for NTP services, if you have Internet connectivity, you can have your comp sync up with any one of the public NTP servers listed at <A HREF="http://www.ntp.org/" target="_new">http://www.ntp.org/</A>. If you connect to your ISP via DHCP, you may already get NTP syncing configured automatically (but I wouldn't know how to tell in Windows). WinXP and later should recognize when a DHCP server advises it of a certain NTP config.

If you absolutely can't get NTP working, it's not a big deal; it just means you'll have to rely on your system clock to stay accurate on its own.

<i>Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...

...an asthmatic werehamster?

<LHGPooBaa> Well, @#!& on me.</i>