e-Mac connection to Microsoft

My wife has an e-mac several rooms removed from the
location of my HP pc (Windows 98SE). I chose a Microsoft
MN 700 wireless base station as an alternative to pulling
wire through a difficult route. The sole objective is to
give her acces to the internet.

I set up the Base several weeks ago and have connected it
to my pc by wire. No problems. The modem is a DSL 300G
which I obtained prep to the wireless setup. I am told
that everything is compatible and that the Extreme Airport
card in the e-mac will find the base station.

The Problem: When she attempts to connect, her screen
shows "dialling" but changes to "no dial tone detected.

When I explain the objective to others, including those
with technical credentials, most just shake their heads
and politely smile. If you have been successful at this,
please reply in very simple terms. Thank you. Don

You need to set the emac to connect via airport. Instructions depend
what Mac OS she has. You either open the tcp/ip control panel or open
the Network Control Panel directly. I've connected Macs with Airport
without any issues. Your best bet on how to configure networking to
use Apple Airport would be in a Mac support forum. That process has
nothing to do with what router you are using.

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 15:53:45 -0700, "Don Beck"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist