Removing Windows XP games

September 16, 2005 11:10:13 AM

I have been tasked with removing all of the games such as solitaire, mine
sweeper etc. from our company's computers. I have to remove both the program
group and the executables. The program group is no problem, but how do I
remove the program files. I will need to use a script, we have several
hundred computers spread across the southeast. When I try to delete the
files WFP kicks in and they just reappear. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : removing windows games

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:25:23 PM

You need to uninstall them from Add/Remove Programs --> Windows Components.
You just can not delete them.

"BlueLion" <BlueLion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been tasked with removing all of the games such as solitaire, mine
> sweeper etc. from our company's computers. I have to remove both the
> program
> group and the executables. The program group is no problem, but how do I
> remove the program files. I will need to use a script, we have several
> hundred computers spread across the southeast. When I try to delete the
> files WFP kicks in and they just reappear. Any help would be appreciated.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:25:24 PM

How would I do this using a script. This process needs to be automated
because of the number and location of the computers.

!