Removing Windows XP games

I have been tasked with removing all of the games such as solitaire, mine
sweeper etc. from our company's computers. I have to remove both the program
group and the executables. The program group is no problem, but how do I
remove the program files. I will need to use a script, we have several
hundred computers spread across the southeast. When I try to delete the
files WFP kicks in and they just reappear. Any help would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about removing windows games

    You need to uninstall them from Add/Remove Programs --> Windows Components.
    You just can not delete them.

    "BlueLion" <BlueLion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been tasked with removing all of the games such as solitaire, mine
    > sweeper etc. from our company's computers. I have to remove both the
    > program
    > group and the executables. The program group is no problem, but how do I
    > remove the program files. I will need to use a script, we have several
    > hundred computers spread across the southeast. When I try to delete the
    > files WFP kicks in and they just reappear. Any help would be appreciated.

    How would I do this using a script. This process needs to be automated
    because of the number and location of the computers.

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > You need to uninstall them from Add/Remove Programs --> Windows Components.
    > You just can not delete them.
    >

    > "BlueLion" <BlueLion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have been tasked with removing all of the games such as solitaire, mine
    > > sweeper etc. from our company's computers. I have to remove both the
    > > program
    > > group and the executables. The program group is no problem, but how do I
    > > remove the program files. I will need to use a script, we have several
    > > hundred computers spread across the southeast. When I try to delete the
    > > files WFP kicks in and they just reappear. Any help would be appreciated.

Computers Games Windows XP