My internet gateway disappeared. can someone instruct me on how to get it
back. My machine will not connect to the internet now.

Thanks

How do you connect to the Internet ?

1. Dial-up modem ?
2. Broadband ?

If you are using option #1 then your ISP should provide a free CD to create
a dial-up-networking icon for you to use.

If you are using option #2 then try this::
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/learnmore/russel_02march04.mspx

If you are still having problems then Click on Start - Run and type
CMD

Hit return and a black DOS window should open.
Type IPCONFIG/ALL and paste results into a reply

This will help troubleshoot things.

"tcvalpak" wrote:

> My internet gateway disappeared. can someone instruct me on how to get it
> back. My machine will not connect to the internet now.
>
> Thanks

My connection to the router is fine. I get an IP address. XP uses a internet
gateway to connect to the internet. Mine dissappeared last night and I cant
seem to get it back.
It is located in network places.