JShaffer

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2004
I recently had to change out my intel MB and 3.2 processor with a Shuttle AV49P/9 and a 2.4C. After install went well, I went to power up the comp and naturally windows wouldn't start, even in safe mode. Booting up from the CD, however, leds me to a problem: The install CD tells me that no HD is attached.
I'm using a Maxtor SATA drive, and SATA is enabled in the BIOS. On startup, the BIOS and the RAID utility attached to BIOS (two seperate menus) both recognize the drive as being attached. The BIOS, like all of them, is pretty straight forward and I'm almost 100% certain that every possible configuration dealing with serial drives/IDE is correct.

Secondly, at startup, the computer recognizes that the processor is a 1.2ghz P4 instead of the 2.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-James

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
You should post your problem <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=17" target="_new">here</A>! I like things that are in the right place! :smile:

--
<b><font color=red>GO!</font color=red> <font color=blue>HABS!</font color=blue> <font color=red>GO!</font color=red></b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheRod on 04/20/04 11:58 AM.</EM></FONT></P>