Status
Not open for further replies.

xjtdoyle

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Ok so i am a Metal fabricator and i am not def. But i do like music loud and i have a big problem the Old Lady is getting tired of me spending money on Headphones weekly as i blow a speaker in them fast.

Ok so what my setup is,

standard gaming computer with onboard sound card. Nothing extra there.
Running it out of the computer to a "PIONEER SX-650" receiver. I know this thing is old but it puts out the best Headphone sound i have found. I have run Sony's,Yam's dem's and this thing by far is the best i have found. I mostly listen to youtube and some times winamp, But i have the amp down on winamp because it seems to fug up the sound. But i can;t even get the volume past about 35% i think as there is only lines lol. bass is about 20% and Treble is 100% running loudness on and in stereo mode. if i leave it on these setting for about an hour i will pop a speaker in my headphones seems to be ok around 25% to 30% but thats just teasing me.

Ok what i have blown speakers in.

Sony mdr-v150 $30.00 lasted about 5days
Sony MDR-EX210B $40.00 lasted 15min
EARPollotion Throwback $30.00 Lasted about 10days not the best sound.
Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset $100.00 Bought 2 sets of these could not get a month out of them. Most of the Headphones are taking out the left speaker first if that matters.

I don't want to spend to much money on a set, your not going to see me spending $200.00 for a set that might get broke when someone steps on them or the dog rips the cord out. So the New Beatspro *** thats so over priced.

But anything in the 30-60 range would be nice. and nothing with nosie canceling ***.

it sounds like you are running too much current through low end headphones. this would explain the frequent burnouts.

most headphones run fine without an amp. if you want to run an amp then get headphones meant to be ran with an amp.

the beats pro.... is utter garbage no matter what snoop dog says in his commercial. every time i hear him explain how it is superior to other headphones i have to laugh at the fact that some people actually believe it.

what type of headphones were you looking for? over the ear or on the ear?

i personally use a pair of audiotechnica ath-m50s which are studio headphones at 35ohm resistance i believe. they sound loud enough unamped but can take advantage of an amplifier. in fact some studio headphones are meant to only be used with an amplifier. check your min/max output on your amp with headphone min/max inputs. i paid about $180 for mine but i've heard people get them on clearance as low as $80 and on sale as low as $110.

you might want to check out sennheiser or the other models of audiotechnica.

for $30-60 you would need to be careful of what you buy as it might not be designed to handle an amplifier. especially one where you are trying to max out settings.

Why do you keep buying such cheap junk headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.