PAPA 8 - Thanks Kevin!

I cannot begin to imagine how difficult and time-consuming it was to get
PAPA HQ back into even better shape than it was in last year. Thank you and
everyone else involved in bringing back the best tournament on the planet!

Congrats to Bowen, our new World Champ! I should have picked Twilight Zone
as our last game to play as at that point it didn't matter for you; the way
you were playing you might have been able to beat us all one-handed... :)

--
Lyman F. Sheats Jr.
lsheats@comcast.net

I watch bowen play the one handed mini. He got to LITZ one handed.
Amazing. I've only gotten LITZ twice, ever. Playing two handed :p
Congrats Bowen.

This tournament was UNBELIEVABLE.. Having ALL those machines set up
and playing is a TASK!! It is BY far the best PINBALL MUSEUM on the
planet besides the tournament.. Those of you that did not come MUST
COME NEXT YEAR!! KEVIN is the pinball king! he shares his toys
with us all!! MIKE PACAK

We got back this afternoon. What a great 4 days of pinball we had
there. Kevin thanks for opening up your facility to us and providing
such a great variety of pins on the floor to play. Also thanks to the
techs for keeping the games playing well and constnatly getting more
games going for the attendees to enjoy.

The tournament was also great. I need to start prepping for next year
I have to set our games to hard settings no extra balls and open the
outlanes the rest of the way. Maybe if we get good at playing that way
we can take a better run at the B division next year.

Looking forward to PAPA 9

John Pursglove
Audubon, NJ
http://www.southjerseypinball.com

pcg

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2005

To Kevin and staff,

Thanks for the opportunity to create lifetime memories for my family.

Rick, Vick and Jake

"John Pursglove" <jp.pinball@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We got back this afternoon. What a great 4 days of pinball we had
> there. Kevin thanks for opening up your facility to us and providing
> such a great variety of pins on the floor to play. Also thanks to the
> techs for keeping the games playing well and constnatly getting more
> games going for the attendees to enjoy.
>
> The tournament was also great. I need to start prepping for next year
> I have to set our games to hard settings no extra balls and open the
> outlanes the rest of the way. Maybe if we get good at playing that way
> we can take a better run at the B division next year.
>
> Looking forward to PAPA 9
>
> John Pursglove
> Audubon, NJ
> http://www.southjerseypinball.com

fez

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

I had a great time at my first ever PAPA tournament. Thanks Kevin!

And, congratulations to Bowen. Well played, thing!

I guess we will be looking for a rematch next year, swe vs. usa (we
"only" have to win that European tournament first though, eh). :) Had a
great time during that match despite all the problems we had with the
machines (what was up with those I500s?!? Reset, reset, reset?)

>BRING BACK DOUBLES!
Yes!

Helena (B division champ) told me that I should say thanks from her,
and that she had a great time.

And, yeah... Orbitor 1 was awesome.

/Stefan

Todd

Please say someone taped that game of Bowen playing TZ onehanded! I'm
still amazed of his score of around 750 million.. Heck, most people
cant do that "Two Handed" on a PAPA setup TZ.

Congrats Bowen on a great PAPA8 Outting.
Todd "GravitaR"

On 15 Aug 2005 20:01:42 -0700, "Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I watch bowen play the one handed mini. He got to LITZ one handed.
>Amazing. I've only gotten LITZ twice, ever. Playing two handed :p
>Congrats Bowen.

KGB

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2005

I can only agree, what an amazing tournament! My hat goes off to Kevin
and all the others that put in a lot of hard work to make this happen.

I never got the chance to thank Brooke for her hard work at the A bank,
so in case you're reading this: thank you, great job!

And of course, congratulations to Bowen "Redline Mania" Kerins!

FEZ wrote:
> >BRING BACK DOUBLES!
> Yes!

I'll second that motion!

> And, yeah... Orbitor 1 was awesome.

Well, that's one way of putting it. ;)

/Karl

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

KGB wrote:
> I can only agree, what an amazing tournament! My hat goes off to Kevin
> and all the others that put in a lot of hard work to make this happen.
>
> I never got the chance to thank Brooke for her hard work at the A bank,
> so in case you're reading this: thank you, great job!
>
> And of course, congratulations to Bowen "Redline Mania" Kerins!

you mean, Bowen "throw the game 3 inches to save the ball and THEN
start Redline Mania" Kerins ;-)

> FEZ wrote:
> > >BRING BACK DOUBLES!
> > Yes!
>
> I'll second that motion!
>
> > And, yeah... Orbitor 1 was awesome.
>
> Well, that's one way of putting it. ;)
>
> /Karl

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

Nwojedi wrote:
> I watch bowen play the one handed mini. He got to LITZ one handed.
> Amazing. I've only gotten LITZ twice, ever. Playing two handed :p
> Congrats Bowen.

I could have sworn he was aiming at that piano from the lower left
flipper on purpose, though. He hit it straight up about 5 times.

Bowen,

I bet you must have gotten a lot of three-way combos in your 792M
mini-tournament TZ game (left ramp to right ramp to Piano; quite easy
to do with one hand (can be done with the left flippers alone if the
left ramp shot can be backhanded on the particular TZ you are
playing)); I wouldn't be surprised if at least 100M of your score was
from three-way combos alone. If you didn't get that many three-way
combos in that game, then how DID you manage to collect all the Door
Panels during the game?

Koi