Sign in with
Your question

Generic toner reviews

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 28, 2011 6:52:17 AM

I guess I haven't yet stumbled on the magic search terms yet, but there must be others out there tempted by the prices of reman / generic toner cartridges but afraid of what junk product will to to the guts of their favorite printers, not to mention the quality of their output.
I have a Brother MFC9840cdw, which is a fantastic color multifunction laser machine (it networks wirelessly, and is one of the few color machines that have duplexing built-in. Furthermore, it's paper handling ability, on both the printer and the scanner is awesome, maybe one paper jam in a year, and that was my fault.) But I am retired and i can't afford to screw it up. Nor can I afford the nearly $400 cost of refilling it with Brother OEM toner cartridges. But I have heard horror stories of printers brought to a sad end by leaky generic cartridges, as well as streaky printing, blurred characters, gray backgrounds, the works, all brought about by bad generic toner cartridges.

Who can tell me what the most reliable and honest names are in suppliers of generic / reman cartridges and how cheap I dare go in the gamut from about $30 to over $70 for a generic toner cartridge?

More about : generic toner reviews

May 1, 2011 11:10:55 AM

I am a printer tech, there are no good generic toners. i have seen a lot of issues particularly with these printers almost always caused by generic toners. they are a very expensive printer to run and print quality is poor. i suggest moving to a hp colour laser printer. Its cheaper to buy a whole new brother printer than to replace all the consumables in it, they are a joke.
m
l
!