mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
I have a P4C 3.0 Gig, msi m/b intel 865pe chipset. It is in thermal take case with 7 fans-4 stock 20cfm and 3-60cfm (2 pulling air out the back and one on top of the stock cpu fan). I have checked that they blow in the proper direction. The cpu, under light load-antivirus, firewall, internet use is about 43C. Under heavy use, far cry, it goes up to 68C. I think this is a bit high. The heat sink is a copper coolmaster using artic silver and it is nice and tight. What reasonably priced options do you recommend-$200+ for water cooling is too much. Will a OCZ Dominator 2 do the trick? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks to all who respond.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mrmonsoon on 04/22/04 06:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Just for the sakes of easy installation, I would recommend the Vantec Aeroflow, it'll drop your full load temp by at least 5C, if not more.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>

mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
Thanks guys for the advice. It doesn't crash on Far Cry, except when I tunrned everything up to very high and oc'd my 5900. I am running a coolmaster, basicly a copper version of a stock setup. Since my cpu tends to run hot, what heatsink/fan would you recommend if I was oc'd. Overclocking creates much more heat and this might be the ticket for me and maybe ETPerth and SpaceDonkey also. Again thank you guys for you help and input.