Sysprep vs network performance

Hi All,

I would like to know if a sysprep was not done on image for computer.
Thgis image was replicated 30 times without a syspprep... mean they have the
same SID? ENVEN IF THEY RENAME THE WORKSTATION.

I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY IMPACT ON THE NETWORK.

I know haow to do a sysprep.
My question is more on the impacet of the network.
More braodcast...?
2 answers Last reply
More about sysprep network performance

    How to change the SID on a Windows XP, Windows 2000, or Windows NT computer
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/docid/1999050308324125

    The Microsoft Policy Concerning Disk Duplication of Windows XP Installations
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314828&Product=winxp

    Do not disk duplicate installed versions of Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162001/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Stella_TeaSea" wrote:

    | Hi All,
    |
    | I would like to know if a sysprep was not done on image for computer.
    | Thgis image was replicated 30 times without a syspprep... mean they have the
    | same SID? ENVEN IF THEY RENAME THE WORKSTATION.
    |
    | I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY IMPACT ON THE NETWORK.
    |
    | I know haow to do a sysprep.
    | My question is more on the impacet of the network.
    | More braodcast...?

    Thank.
    I already have this info.

    My question is more about the network problem that can create us.
    I have a problem here and i found they forgot to sysprep some workstation.
    I just need a confirmation that can create more broadcast on the network.

    Thank again for all you help.

    Stella.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" a écrit :

    > How to change the SID on a Windows XP, Windows 2000, or Windows NT computer
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/docid/1999050308324125
    >
    > The Microsoft Policy Concerning Disk Duplication of Windows XP Installations
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314828&Product=winxp
    >
    > Do not disk duplicate installed versions of Windows
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162001/
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Stella_TeaSea" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi All,
    > |
    > | I would like to know if a sysprep was not done on image for computer.
    > | Thgis image was replicated 30 times without a syspprep... mean they have the
    > | same SID? ENVEN IF THEY RENAME THE WORKSTATION.
    > |
    > | I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY IMPACT ON THE NETWORK.
    > |
    > | I know haow to do a sysprep.
    > | My question is more on the impacet of the network.
    > | More braodcast...?

Performance Microsoft Windows XP