Hard disk space lost after System Restore

My hard disk space was 28.5 GB on Aug 23, 2005. After then, I installed few
softwares for my scanner, Nero, Power DVD, Yahoo DSL Browser and few more.
After finishing all the installation, I checked the hard disk space, it was
21.5 GB. Then I restored system to the point of Aug 23, 2005. Then I checked
my hard disk space again. It was only 17.5 GB. I am wondering how that could
happen. Please someone help me to find the solution to have more disk space
in my hard disk.

Thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about hard disk space lost system restore

    Shailu wrote:
    > My hard disk space was 28.5 GB on Aug 23, 2005. After then, I installed few
    > softwares for my scanner, Nero, Power DVD, Yahoo DSL Browser and few more.
    > After finishing all the installation, I checked the hard disk space, it was
    > 21.5 GB. Then I restored system to the point of Aug 23, 2005. Then I checked
    > my hard disk space again. It was only 17.5 GB. I am wondering how that could
    > happen. Please someone help me to find the solution to have more disk space
    > in my hard disk.

    System Restore does not restore your _entiree_hard_drive_ to a previous
    state, it just restores key files.

    simple really the restore point to restore to <after> the programs were
    installed is still there - you can manage the space allowed for restore
    points right click My Computer select Properties select System restore
    select Settings good luck
    Alasdair

    --
    please note email address requires editing

    www.digitalmystic.co.uk

    "Shailu" <Shailu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My hard disk space was 28.5 GB on Aug 23, 2005. After then, I installed
    > few
    > softwares for my scanner, Nero, Power DVD, Yahoo DSL Browser and few more.
    > After finishing all the installation, I checked the hard disk space, it
    > was
    > 21.5 GB. Then I restored system to the point of Aug 23, 2005. Then I
    > checked
    > my hard disk space again. It was only 17.5 GB. I am wondering how that
    > could
    > happen. Please someone help me to find the solution to have more disk
    > space
    > in my hard disk.
    >
    > Thank you

    Select Disk CleanUp, More Options, System Restore and remove all but the
    latest restore point.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Shailu" <Shailu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My hard disk space was 28.5 GB on Aug 23, 2005. After then, I
    > installed few
    > softwares for my scanner, Nero, Power DVD, Yahoo DSL Browser and few
    > more.
    > After finishing all the installation, I checked the hard disk space,
    > it was
    > 21.5 GB. Then I restored system to the point of Aug 23, 2005. Then I
    > checked
    > my hard disk space again. It was only 17.5 GB. I am wondering how that
    > could
    > happen. Please someone help me to find the solution to have more disk
    > space
    > in my hard disk.
    >
    > Thank you

Hard Drives System Restore Windows XP