Unlocking the Taskbar

When I try to unlock the Task Bar in Windows XP, the Task Bar changes in
apperance, but does not allow me to drag it open. Is thier a registry setting
that can fix this problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about unlocking taskbar

    Hi,

    Try the unlock on line 128: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    Added info, if needed:

    Restore Taskbar and Desktop to Default Functionality (Line 164)

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    "MacguffinAlberta" <MacguffinAlberta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:8F7DE3BA-615D-49DE-97EE-8F7BDEF76205@microsoft.com...
    > When I try to unlock the Task Bar in Windows XP, the Task Bar changes in
    > apperance, but does not allow me to drag it open. Is thier a registry
    > setting
    > that can fix this problem?

    I found the answe. Right click on the Toolbar, go to Toolbars, put a check
    mark next to Quick Launch.

    Thanks

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Try the unlock on line 128: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >
    > Added info, if needed:
    >
    > Restore Taskbar and Desktop to Default Functionality (Line 164)
    >
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    > Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
    >

    > "MacguffinAlberta" <MacguffinAlberta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:8F7DE3BA-615D-49DE-97EE-8F7BDEF76205@microsoft.com...
    > > When I try to unlock the Task Bar in Windows XP, the Task Bar changes in
    > > apperance, but does not allow me to drag it open. Is thier a registry
    > > setting
    > > that can fix this problem?

    Ah....an easy one! Glad all is well and thanks for the feedback. :o)

    --

    message news:5AFD6B49-FD1B-4112-859D-F462334BAF7A@microsoft.com...
    >I found the answe. Right click on the Toolbar, go to Toolbars, put a check
    > mark next to Quick Launch.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Kelly" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Try the unlock on line 128:
    >>
    >> Added info, if needed:
    >>
    >> Restore Taskbar and Desktop to Default Functionality (Line 164)
    >>
    >> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> All the Best,
    >> Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >>
    >> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    >> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
    >>

    >> "MacguffinAlberta" <MacguffinAlberta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:8F7DE3BA-615D-49DE-97EE-8F7BDEF76205@microsoft.com...
    >> > When I try to unlock the Task Bar in Windows XP, the Task Bar changes
    >> > in
    >> > apperance, but does not allow me to drag it open. Is thier a registry
    >> > setting
    >> > that can fix this problem?

Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP