W32TM client synchronization in an active directory envior..

September 16, 2005 4:47:03 PM

I have an windows 2003 domain with XP clients, my question is if anyone can
help me to force synchronization in the domain between XP clients and the 2k3
servers every 15 minutes. I don't want to set the source NTP servers, instead
of that I need the XP client find out the DC servers of the domain and
Synchronize with them. Can someone help me?
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 8:05:36 PM

By default, XP will sync with a domain time server if its available. In this case, the Internet Time tab will be disabled.

The Registry values that need to be modified are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient
SpecialPollInterval

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Config
UpdateInterval

Set both values to 600

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Carlos Caballero" <CarlosCaballero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64CBA514-08C5-4150-932E-4766A35CE498@microsoft.com...
>I have an windows 2003 domain with XP clients, my question is if anyone can
> help me to force synchronization in the domain between XP clients and the 2k3
> servers every 15 minutes. I don't want to set the source NTP servers, instead
> of that I need the XP client find out the DC servers of the domain and
> Synchronize with them. Can someone help me?
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 8:05:37 PM

Thanks Doug I will try it and post a commnet later.

!