Folder display problem

Using XP SP2
When I open folder, I see nothing. The screen is split with the little dog
at the bottom but no files.
However, if I use the Explorer folder to select the appropriate foler, all
the files are in view.
I have reinstalled SP2 but nothing seems to help.

Also, when I run system tools and ask for system information, nothing is
displayed - not even a window.

Anybody know what I can do short of reformating and staring over?

Glen
1 answer Last reply
More about folder display problem

    Hi Glen,

    See if this helps:

    Go to Start/Run and type in each:

    regsvr32 /u C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx
    regsvr32 C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx

    Note: C:\Windows or C:\Winnt depending on your setup.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    "Glen Mettler" <GlenMettler@knology.net> wrote in message

    > Using XP SP2
    > When I open folder, I see nothing. The screen is split with the little
    > dog at the bottom but no files.
    > However, if I use the Explorer folder to select the appropriate foler, all
    > the files are in view.
    > I have reinstalled SP2 but nothing seems to help.
    >
    > Also, when I run system tools and ask for system information, nothing is
    > displayed - not even a window.
    >
    > Anybody know what I can do short of reformating and staring over?
    >
    > Glen

Windows XP Displays