Blue Screen (BSOD) when viewing youtube vids

Seemingly randomly I get crashes when I go to view youtube vids. This makes me gun shy when I see an interesting video link. LOL

When it happens it says "Page fault in a nonpaged area" or something to that effect.

This is Win 7 64 bit, updated. I updated my flash and Java first... then I updated my vid card (granted, I did that via windows update... but there were a couple of updates for drivers in there). I'm still getting the crashes.

This is an HP 8200 Elite, with 8 gigs of ram (which has been tested since this started happening).

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should try now?
5 answers Last reply
More about blue screen bsod viewing youtube vids
  1. Do not update video card through windows, go to the website and get the proper drivers (HP).
    Do you get video crashes from any browser ? (IE, Firefox, Chrome)
    Did you reinstall Directx after updating video drivers ?
  2. Quote:
    Page fault in a nonpaged area

Almost certainly RAM. Run memtest86+ to confirm if one of the RAM sticks is failing.
  3. gamerk316 said:
    Quote:
    Page fault in a nonpaged area

Almost certainly RAM. Run memtest86+ to confirm if one of the RAM sticks is failing.

Anonymous said:

This is an HP 8200 Elite, with 8 gigs of ram (which has been tested since this started happening).
  4. Cyberat_88 said:
    Do not update video card through windows, go to the website and get the proper drivers (HP).
    Do you get video crashes from any browser ? (IE, Firefox, Chrome)
    Did you reinstall Directx after updating video drivers ?

Yeah, I know it's less than ideal... I just figured any change would be a change and SHOULD fix the exact problem I was having. :)

I'll do it right now.

I didn't know I should reinstall DX.

Oh, and for the record I'm using Opera... it also recently installed a new version and nothing changed after that.
  5. Java 7 has caused random crashes similar to that in Mozilla browsers, when it first came out, try disabling Java addon for a test.
    Check with Opera on known issues, test more browsers.
    Re-Run DirectX setup every time you update Audio/Video drivers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen YouTube Windows 7