Blue Screen (BSOD) when viewing youtube vids

Gilligan8

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Seemingly randomly I get crashes when I go to view youtube vids. This makes me gun shy when I see an interesting video link. LOL

When it happens it says "Page fault in a nonpaged area" or something to that effect.

This is Win 7 64 bit, updated. I updated my flash and Java first... then I updated my vid card (granted, I did that via windows update... but there were a couple of updates for drivers in there). I'm still getting the crashes.

This is an HP 8200 Elite, with 8 gigs of ram (which has been tested since this started happening).

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should try now?

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Do not update video card through windows, go to the website and get the proper drivers (HP).
Do you get video crashes from any browser ? (IE, Firefox, Chrome)
Did you reinstall Directx after updating video drivers ?

Gilligan8

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

Gilligan8

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

Yeah, I know it's less than ideal... I just figured any change would be a change and SHOULD fix the exact problem I was having. :)

I'll do it right now.

I didn't know I should reinstall DX.

Oh, and for the record I'm using Opera... it also recently installed a new version and nothing changed after that.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Java 7 has caused random crashes similar to that in Mozilla browsers, when it first came out, try disabling Java addon for a test.
Check with Opera on known issues, test more browsers.
Re-Run DirectX setup every time you update Audio/Video drivers.