Sharing folders on serial ATA drive not allowed

I am using a MS MN-700 Wireless-G Bse Station and have
shared files and folders successfully between a 166 MHz
pentium MMx computer with WIN 98 and a second pentium 4
computer with WIN XP sp2. Recently I added a Maxtor
serial ATA drive (D:) to the XP machine. I have checked
the appropriate boxes to allow file sharing and can see
the serial ATA drive and folders FROM the WIN 98 machine,
but when I try to open a folder I am not allowed access.
I can access the old IDE C: drive on the WIN XP machine
with no problem.

Is there a solution to this problem with the serial ATA
drive?
1 answer Last reply
More about sharing folders serial drive allowed

    I bet your formatted the drive with NTFS. This will cause you to have
    Windows related security issues. This is only a guess since you didn't
    post the exact error message. It is only a logical conclusion from the
    fact that you can access the other share.

    MFG wrote:

    > I am using a MS MN-700 Wireless-G Bse Station and have
    > shared files and folders successfully between a 166 MHz
    > pentium MMx computer with WIN 98 and a second pentium 4
    > computer with WIN XP sp2. Recently I added a Maxtor
    > serial ATA drive (D:) to the XP machine. I have checked
    > the appropriate boxes to allow file sharing and can see
    > the serial ATA drive and folders FROM the WIN 98 machine,
    > but when I try to open a folder I am not allowed access.
    > I can access the old IDE C: drive on the WIN XP machine
    > with no problem.
    >
    > Is there a solution to this problem with the serial ATA
    > drive?

Routers Windows XP Networking