Security update for Microsoft VM

I'm am running XP Pro service pack 2 on a Dell D810 laptop

If I run the Windows update it wants to install
816093:Security Update Microsoft Virtual Machine

When it trys to install I receive this message "This setup will only upgrade
over an existing version of the Microsoft VM."

I have tried to install msjavax86.exe build 3805 and get the same message.

Help

Send any helpful info to manuel@vas.com
2 answers Last reply
More about security update microsoft

    The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported.

    How do I uninstall Microsoft Virtual Machine?
    http://java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_msvm.xml

    JAVA SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS
    http://java.com/en/download/download_the_latest.jsp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Mvaz" wrote:

    | I'm am running XP Pro service pack 2 on a Dell D810 laptop
    |
    | If I run the Windows update it wants to install
    | 816093:Security Update Microsoft Virtual Machine
    |
    | When it trys to install I receive this message "This setup will only upgrade
    | over an existing version of the Microsoft VM."
    |
    | I have tried to install msjavax86.exe build 3805 and get the same message.
    |
    | Help

    Thats the point. Its not installed but Microsoft Windows Update want to
    install an update for it.

    I did not install Microsoft VM.
    I can't find that it is installed.
    Also, if I run jview from the command line the message says the jview is a
    unrecognizable command.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > The Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer supported.
    >
    > How do I uninstall Microsoft Virtual Machine?
    > http://java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_msvm.xml
    >
    > JAVA SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS
    > http://java.com/en/download/download_the_latest.jsp
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Mvaz" wrote:
    >
    > | I'm am running XP Pro service pack 2 on a Dell D810 laptop
    > |
    > | If I run the Windows update it wants to install
    > | 816093:Security Update Microsoft Virtual Machine
    > |
    > | When it trys to install I receive this message "This setup will only upgrade
    > | over an existing version of the Microsoft VM."
    > |
    > | I have tried to install msjavax86.exe build 3805 and get the same message.
    > |
    > | Help

Virtual Machine Security Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP