Is there anyway to disable hardware and software on a Windows XP Pro machine?
We want to restrict people from loading software on the machine and/or from
running programs that are not approved.

Thanks.
--
Gyro

Description of the Software Restriction Policies in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310791

Windows XP Security Checklist
http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/winxpsecuritychecklist.htm

HOW TO: Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882&Product=winxp

Doug's Windows XP Security Console

Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Gr8Gyro" wrote:

| Is there anyway to disable hardware and software on a Windows XP Pro machine?
| We want to restrict people from loading software on the machine and/or from
| running programs that are not approved.
|
| Thanks.
| --
| Gyro

Much obliged. Thanks for taking the time to respond. This will help.
--
Gyro