Solved

Hp 1350 prints test page every time it is started

Apparently the HP 1350 is not supported by HP for Windows 7, however Win 7 has a built-in driver. I have ensured that this is up-to-date. It works fine until I change an ink cartridge. Following this a test sheet is printed. The normal procedure was to perform a scan, followed by an alignment. Unfortunately the alignment procedure appears not to be available in the Win 7 work-around. I can not find any way to clear the flag that requires the printing of the test sheet every time the printer is turned-on, even attempting to do so in the Registry. An extensive search reveals that others have this problem but so far - no solution!

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thank you,

Norman
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1350 prints test page time started
  1. Best answer
    Well, it may be time to upgrade, or keep the printer on :). If you have an older system with XP, you might try installing the printer there to clear the flag the migrate the printer back to the Win7 system.
  2. CompTIA_Rep said:
    Well, it may be time to upgrade, or keep the printer on :). If you have an older system with XP, you might try installing the printer there to clear the flag the migrate the printer back to the Win7 system.

Thank you this. Solution 2 had crossed my mind - I do have an old system with XP - but I got lazy and settled for solution 1 - upgrade. Found a wireless HP 3050 for $49 and am very pleased with it.

Thanks again,
    Norm
  3. Best answer selected by nhaslett.
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Windows 7 Hewlett Packard Peripherals