What is the best Dell Promotion?

Inspiration wrote:
> Is it the double HD+ Double Mem or...

There is really only one way to determine the best promotion *for you*.
Decide on exactly what you want, and track the price on that
configuration over at least a month. When it hits a low, buy it!
Remember that a promotion has little value if it is for something you
would not have bought in the first place.

"Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:

>Is it the double HD+ Double Mem or...

Whatever deal applies to the items you were already going to have
on the machine. If you were going to add memory from crucial.com
or somewhere, and the doubling memory is free, then that's a
deal. If you were already going to get a second HD after market,
and the second drive is free, then that's a deal. If not, then
wait for a deal on something that is on the list of things you
want on the machine.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

Douglas

Also be sure to check both the Home div. and the S.B. div! Prices can vary
greatly!
"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:
>
> >Is it the double HD+ Double Mem or...
>
> Whatever deal applies to the items you were already going to have
> on the machine. If you were going to add memory from crucial.com
> or somewhere, and the doubling memory is free, then that's a
> deal. If you were already going to get a second HD after market,
> and the second drive is free, then that's a deal. If not, then
> wait for a deal on something that is on the list of things you
> want on the machine.
> --
> OJ III
> [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.
> Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

inspiration

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

Lets assume i don't really care and i just want hte most dollar value for a
i8600 just for hypothetical sakes
"Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:efGdnYYqJei1aFjdRVn-sw@centurytel.net...
> Also be sure to check both the Home div. and the S.B. div! Prices can vary
> greatly!
> "Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Is it the double HD+ Double Mem or...
> >
> > Whatever deal applies to the items you were already going to have
> > on the machine. If you were going to add memory from crucial.com
> > or somewhere, and the doubling memory is free, then that's a
> > deal. If you were already going to get a second HD after market,
> > and the second drive is free, then that's a deal. If not, then
> > wait for a deal on something that is on the list of things you
> > want on the machine.
> > --
> > OJ III
> > [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.
> > Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

"Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:

>Lets assume i don't really care and i just want hte most dollar value for a
>i8600 just for hypothetical sakes

There /is/ no "most dollar value" on a hypothetical I8600
purchase, taking into account various transient Dell pricing
deals - free freight here, discount on something there, etc.

These *are* transient, depending on Dell's progress towards sales
goals, I8600s in stock and in the pipeline vs orders on hand.

A deal will be offered this week. If it meets its goals, and
sells a bunch of I8600s, next week there will be a smaller deal,
and you'll face paying a higher price, and regretting that you
didn't order it this week. If it doesn't meet its goals, and
doesn't sell a bunch of I8600s, next week there will be a better
deal, and if you bought this week, you'll regret not holding off.

Your hypothetical "most dollar value" doesn't exist as an
absolute. And if you wait for it, you will end up never buying a
computer.

There is a 21-day, unofficial Dell price rebate if you find an
identically configured machine, with a price more than $50 less
than you paid, that you can request. I am not going to take the
time to find it for you on the Dell website, you can do that
yourself. Find the Dell Forums, and do a search for it.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

inspiration

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

hey hey i'm not a n00b i know about hte price guarentee however it does NOT
include promotions if you read carefully since the technical part is
promotional or hwatever

there is actually a most valued promotion since dell rotates. and i 'm not
asking for WHEN as you seem to imply i'll wait forever but when i bought my
i8100 the highest value promotion on rotation was double HD + double RAM and
close second was optical drive upgrade + free shipping

thanks