What is the best Dell Promotion?

Is it the double HD+ Double Mem or...
6 answers Last reply
More about what dell promotion

    Inspiration wrote:
    > Is it the double HD+ Double Mem or...

    There is really only one way to determine the best promotion *for you*.
    Decide on exactly what you want, and track the price on that
    configuration over at least a month. When it hits a low, buy it!
    Remember that a promotion has little value if it is for something you
    would not have bought in the first place.

    "Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:

    >Is it the double HD+ Double Mem or...

    Whatever deal applies to the items you were already going to have
    on the machine. If you were going to add memory from crucial.com
    or somewhere, and the doubling memory is free, then that's a
    deal. If you were already going to get a second HD after market,
    and the second drive is free, then that's a deal. If not, then
    wait for a deal on something that is on the list of things you
    want on the machine.
    --
    OJ III
    [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

    Also be sure to check both the Home div. and the S.B. div! Prices can vary
    greatly!
    "Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Is it the double HD+ Double Mem or...
    >
    > Whatever deal applies to the items you were already going to have
    > on the machine. If you were going to add memory from crucial.com
    > or somewhere, and the doubling memory is free, then that's a
    > deal. If you were already going to get a second HD after market,
    > and the second drive is free, then that's a deal. If not, then
    > wait for a deal on something that is on the list of things you
    > want on the machine.
    > --
    > OJ III
    > [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.
    > Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

    Lets assume i don't really care and i just want hte most dollar value for a
    i8600 just for hypothetical sakes
    "Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:efGdnYYqJei1aFjdRVn-sw@centurytel.net...
    > Also be sure to check both the Home div. and the S.B. div! Prices can vary
    > greatly!
    > "Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > "Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Is it the double HD+ Double Mem or...
    > >
    > > Whatever deal applies to the items you were already going to have
    > > on the machine. If you were going to add memory from crucial.com
    > > or somewhere, and the doubling memory is free, then that's a
    > > deal. If you were already going to get a second HD after market,
    > > and the second drive is free, then that's a deal. If not, then
    > > wait for a deal on something that is on the list of things you
    > > want on the machine.
    > > --
    > > OJ III
    > > [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.
    > > Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

    "Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:

    >Lets assume i don't really care and i just want hte most dollar value for a
    >i8600 just for hypothetical sakes

    There /is/ no "most dollar value" on a hypothetical I8600
    purchase, taking into account various transient Dell pricing
    deals - free freight here, discount on something there, etc.

    These *are* transient, depending on Dell's progress towards sales
    goals, I8600s in stock and in the pipeline vs orders on hand.

    A deal will be offered this week. If it meets its goals, and
    sells a bunch of I8600s, next week there will be a smaller deal,
    and you'll face paying a higher price, and regretting that you
    didn't order it this week. If it doesn't meet its goals, and
    doesn't sell a bunch of I8600s, next week there will be a better
    deal, and if you bought this week, you'll regret not holding off.

    Your hypothetical "most dollar value" doesn't exist as an
    absolute. And if you wait for it, you will end up never buying a
    computer.

    There is a 21-day, unofficial Dell price rebate if you find an
    identically configured machine, with a price more than $50 less
    than you paid, that you can request. I am not going to take the
    time to find it for you on the Dell website, you can do that
    yourself. Find the Dell Forums, and do a search for it.
    --
    OJ III
    [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

    hey hey i'm not a n00b i know about hte price guarentee however it does NOT
    include promotions if you read carefully since the technical part is
    promotional or hwatever

    there is actually a most valued promotion since dell rotates. and i 'm not
    asking for WHEN as you seem to imply i'll wait forever but when i bought my
    i8100 the highest value promotion on rotation was double HD + double RAM and
    close second was optical drive upgrade + free shipping

    thanks

    > "Inspiration" <inspiron@rogers.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Lets assume i don't really care and i just want hte most dollar value for
    > >i8600 just for hypothetical sakes
    >
    > There /is/ no "most dollar value" on a hypothetical I8600
    > purchase, taking into account various transient Dell pricing
    > deals - free freight here, discount on something there, etc.
    >
    > These *are* transient, depending on Dell's progress towards sales
    > goals, I8600s in stock and in the pipeline vs orders on hand.
    >
    > A deal will be offered this week. If it meets its goals, and
    > sells a bunch of I8600s, next week there will be a smaller deal,
    > and you'll face paying a higher price, and regretting that you
    > didn't order it this week. If it doesn't meet its goals, and
    > doesn't sell a bunch of I8600s, next week there will be a better
    > deal, and if you bought this week, you'll regret not holding off.
    >
    > Your hypothetical "most dollar value" doesn't exist as an
    > absolute. And if you wait for it, you will end up never buying a
    > computer.
    >
    > There is a 21-day, unofficial Dell price rebate if you find an
    > identically configured machine, with a price more than $50 less
    > than you paid, that you can request. I am not going to take the
    > time to find it for you on the Dell website, you can do that
    > yourself. Find the Dell Forums, and do a search for it.
    > --
    > OJ III
    > [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.
    > Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

Dell Computers