Closed

Medion laptop monitor display screen multiple times?

I recently turned on my laptop(MEDION) to find that the monitor was displaying 2 rows with 3-4 mini screens of what the computer should be showing, i turned it off left it for a little while then turned it back on and it was fine, i have now got the same problem but i cannot find any way to resolve it. I would prefer not to reformat as i am a student and don't want to loose all my work, especially if it doesn't work any ideas would be great.
Thanks
BEC
7 answers Last reply
More about medion laptop monitor display screen multiple times
  1. Strange- I've never heard of this occurring. Try re-installing the graphics drivers from the manufacturer's support site and see if that fixes the issue.
  2. I'm having a similar problem, and re-installing the graphics drivers from the manufacturer did not fix it.

Did you make any headway with the issue?
  3. I'm having the exact same problem with my laptop (median) . Have you managed to fix the problem????
  4. I don't believe there's a fix. I saw a couple of these same computers on eBay reporting this problem, being sold for parts.
  5. I just fixed this same problem on my HP dv6700. It turned out to be overheated ram. I ran the computer on just one dimm and it booted and ran fine. I then just switched the two dimm sticks in their slots and the laptop was back to working fine. Sometimes you get lucky.
  6. Here's something from another helpful forum on the topic:

Quote:
    After research the problem I found on that it is not only Medion laptops having this problem but any system with the Geforce 86 series chips installed.

Read the rest here:
    http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/medion-akoya-display-problem-447383.html
  7. same problem here..please help.. huhu.. dell inspiron 1300
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Monitors Medion