Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Medion laptop monitor display screen multiple times?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
May 30, 2010 11:23:21 AM

I recently turned on my laptop(MEDION) to find that the monitor was displaying 2 rows with 3-4 mini screens of what the computer should be showing, i turned it off left it for a little while then turned it back on and it was fine, i have now got the same problem but i cannot find any way to resolve it. I would prefer not to reformat as i am a student and don't want to loose all my work, especially if it doesn't work any ideas would be great.
Thanks
BEC
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
May 31, 2010 10:43:45 AM

Strange- I've never heard of this occurring. Try re-installing the graphics drivers from the manufacturer's support site and see if that fixes the issue.
Score
June 3, 2011 3:47:56 PM

I'm having a similar problem, and re-installing the graphics drivers from the manufacturer did not fix it.

Did you make any headway with the issue?
Score
Related resources
September 4, 2011 12:42:03 PM

I'm having the exact same problem with my laptop (median) . Have you managed to fix the problem????
Score
September 4, 2011 3:34:45 PM

I don't believe there's a fix. I saw a couple of these same computers on eBay reporting this problem, being sold for parts.
Score
September 7, 2011 10:24:14 PM

I just fixed this same problem on my HP dv6700. It turned out to be overheated ram. I ran the computer on just one dimm and it booted and ran fine. I then just switched the two dimm sticks in their slots and the laptop was back to working fine. Sometimes you get lucky.
Score
September 7, 2011 11:07:31 PM

Here's something from another helpful forum on the topic:

Quote:
After research the problem I found on that it is not only Medion laptops having this problem but any system with the Geforce 86 series chips installed.

Read the rest here:
Score
April 1, 2013 7:01:47 AM

same problem here..please help.. huhu.. dell inspiron 1300
Score
!