Sign in with
Your question

Sennheiser vs Sony Headphone

Last response: in Home Audio
June 20, 2012 7:21:26 PM

i want to buy a cheap headphone in the range of around 30$.

Between Senheiser HD 201 and Sony MDR-XD 200 , which one is the best ?

will be Used for Music listening for long hours means sweat free and good music .
June 21, 2012 2:52:38 AM

Senheiser much better musical performance than Sony which is mediocre.
June 21, 2012 4:04:22 PM

The best headphone covers the entire ear like a cup, and does not press foam pads against the ear.
Listening for long hours with foam against the ear can become extremely painful.
And so 201 or 280 is a good low budget choice.

Sony does not have a Hi Fi sound, although technical specs are good, it just sounds "cheesy." I think Sony Video is a good choice, but not audio.
Related resources
June 22, 2012 3:03:00 AM

soundguruman said:
The best headphone covers the entire ear like a cup, and does not press foam pads against the ear.
Listening for long hours with foam against the ear can become extremely painful.
And so 201 or 280 is a good low budget choice.

Sony does not have a Hi Fi sound, although technical specs are good, it just sounds "cheesy." I think Sony Video is a good choice, but not audio.
Sony use to have a good reputation not any longer even in the video field.Their quality control went down hill quite a bit.
September 29, 2012 12:20:26 PM

musical marv said:
Sony use to have a good reputation not any longer even in the video field.Their quality control went down hill quite a bit.

you are absolutely true, i bought a pair of sony headphones but in was busted in 3 months. i went to sony center , guess what their reply was: there is no warranty for headphones so they cant service it. now iam using sennheisers hd 203 & hd 429, they extremly good.
September 12, 2013 7:20:11 PM

I have a pair of V-Moda ear buds that have a much better sound quality than these headphones. Don't waste your money.
!