How to find the drivers for enabling the touch on a touch screen (POS)

your best bet would be to figure out what make and model the pos terminal is and to contact the manufacturer directly.

if the unit isn't outwardly labeled with a brand or model number look for other identifying numbers, marks, phrases or logos. if there is nothing of the sort perhaps crack the unit open to see if there is a tag anywhere. there should be at least one tag on the machine identifying what it is and where it came from.

thosecars82

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
But if I crack the unit open, should I look for the main board's tag, main board's brand or main board's model ? That's the tag I should be looking for?
Thanks

i'm not sure if the main board will be branded the same as the manufacturer of your POS unit. at the moment you have pretty much zero information on what the model or even brand of your unit is. without such information you don't even know where to ask for a driver set.

i'm hoping that there is a manufacturer sticker or stamp inside. if not then you might be able to do research on another components (such as the main board) id tag but this might be much harder.

your priority should be to figure out at the very least what manufacturer made the product. if you cannot find a model number at least you would know who made it and they should be able to tell you which model it is from a description or photo.