Real player stops working in windows 7

merlinwebster

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Real Player, which I use to download videos in Firefox, has worked well for a long time. Now it stops working when I download or go to My Library. If I use windows explorer to look at the video files I have downloaded IT stops working. I deleted all files in my library and uninstalled real player and downloaded a a new copy but I still have the same problem.

Ideas much appreciated!

MerlinWebster

Solution
Firefox and explorer are not video players. They might use plug ins to handle videos, but a real video player should work better. If you need to inspect/view the details of a file, try Gspot. That program should provide details you need.

WalkerA WinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Hi there,

Are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7? You may not be able to run the RealPlayer Downloader plugin in a 64-bit browser. If that's the case, use the 32-bit version instead (IE8 has this).

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

merlinwebster

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010

I use the bit version of Windows 7.
Thanks Walker

merlinwebster

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010

Thanks. GOM works with no problems. However, any other application I use to try to view or simply look at the properties of a .flv file stops working. I use Firefox. Windows Explorer (not IE) all stop working. GOM views them fine. Strange.

4745454b

Titan
Firefox and explorer are not video players. They might use plug ins to handle videos, but a real video player should work better. If you need to inspect/view the details of a file, try Gspot. That program should provide details you need.

Solution