Windows Xp: changing the language

I would like to know if anyone can help me with a question I have. Is it
possible to change windows xp pro in Spanish to windows xp pro in English
using the same license? I am very familar with english version and I am
having a hard time because I bought a new computer and it came with windows
xp pro in spanish. I already paid for the license.
I will appreciate any answer or trace
2 answers Last reply
More about windows changing language

    You must either use a retail full install CD in English and
    do a clean install or set up a dual boot. You can do a
    clean install with a Microsoft OEM CD.

    some support

    Beto wrote:
    > I would like to know if anyone can help me with a question I have. Is it
    > possible to change windows xp pro in Spanish to windows xp pro in English
    > using the same license? I am very familar with english version and I am
    > having a hard time because I bought a new computer and it came with windows
    > xp pro in spanish. I already paid for the license.
    > I will appreciate any answer or trace

    You cannot upgrade or convert from one language version of the OS
    to another, so you'll have to purchase and use the full version of
    WinXP (in whatever language you want) to perform a clean installation.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: