In the my computer folder I have a dvd drive and cdrw drive but they both say
cd drive on some computers I see it as dvd drive and cdrw drive even if I put
a cdr in the cd buner it detects it but it doesn't change the icon same for
the dvd drive it doesn't say dvd.

map

flip wrote:
> In the my computer folder I have a dvd drive and cdrw drive but they
> both say cd drive on some computers I see it as dvd drive and cdrw
> drive even if I put a cdr in the cd buner it detects it but it
> doesn't change the icon same for the dvd drive it doesn't say dvd.

Yah, but do they work?
If so why worry about it.

--
Mike Pawlak

Reboot and what does it show then?

--
Peter

"flip" <flip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EE82F05-8F04-4106-BBCD-A171097DA5C5@microsoft.com...
> In the my computer folder I have a dvd drive and cdrw drive but they both say
> cd drive on some computers I see it as dvd drive and cdrw drive even if I put
> a cdr in the cd buner it detects it but it doesn't change the icon same for
> the dvd drive it doesn't say dvd.

It also does this on a clean install