Firefox 3 Chipping Away Safari Market Share, Summer Browsing Patterns Reverse IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

too bad not much ppl know about OPERA... its so far ahead of ff3...
fact is ff is always lagging behind opera but i must admit that mozilla's marketing plan is awesome.

G

opera is such a piece of junk that firefox is just copying them.....

z0phi3l

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
FF is taking the VERY few good things from Opera and doing a better job at it in the process

I've tried Opera many times, it's n o where close to FF3, it is tons better than IE but that's like comparing manure to perfume :)

G

FF is the best out there. Opera is alright, but FF still wtfpwns it. IE is slow and not as secure as FF or Opera, but it still gets the job done. Safari is probably the 'leech' of the bunch with Apple trying to leech every idea they discover.

randomizer

Champion
IE7 renders some pages faster than FF3 when those pages have large, fixed backgrounds. Hopefully Mozilla fix that up. I still much prefer FF though. Never really used Opera. Safari... well I've never really been able to keep it running stable. :sarcastic:

G

FF kills IE in just about every way (@ the guy who said some pages display properly in IE and not FF, that would be because the pages have non-valid html made to work in IE... its a web dev's nightmare)

and Safari is not built on Conquerer, its build on WebKit (google it)

I use Safari, as I am on OS X, and Safari 3.1 is by far the fastest browser on here (FF3 made some pretty good performance jumps over FF2, but it still isn't in the range of Safari)

kalpesh

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Opera 9.5 is the best browser I ever use
I was using Firefox for more then 3 years
but this browser is just great
ok u don't believe me
go and download opera
and try out some feature
1. Opera zooming feature
2. Opera Scroll Pages smother then any other browser huge difference
3. Hide all images form page in one click also
4. Boolean image of tabs (like vista tabs)
and more

mariusmotea

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
I try firefox too, but opera is wonderful, tone of features and settings, performance is enough .The market share is not reflecting the reality, IE is poor but win because is preinstaled in windows, Firefox is very pretty, and the marketing strategy is good, Opera is wonderful but no marketing.

randomizer

Champion
smlong, I think many people just like the idea of choice, and since you are basically forced to run IE on Windows by default, people want to use something else because they can. The anti-M$ attitude plays a part also. My reason for liking FF over IE is the GUI layout and the fact that FF has so many more FREE addons compared to IE. I looked up an ad blocker addon for IE7 once and I was going to be charged nearly $80 for it. Checking now they do have a free ad blocker (Adblock Pro), but it blocks some non-advertisement images too, so I don't think it is as well matured as something like Adblock Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.