I had Windows 98/SE with Microsoft publisher, excel, powerpoint, and a few
others. I upgraded to Window XP and it erased everything. The only thing I
had on the start menu was a recycle bin. And I don't have the disk to
reinstall is there any way to retreive them programs.

Data or Program Settings Are Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313362

What's in the Office 2003 Editions?
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx

How to Buy Office 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/standard.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mslilred" wrote:

| I had Windows 98/SE with Microsoft publisher, excel, powerpoint, and a few
| others. I upgraded to Window XP and it erased everything. The only thing I
| had on the start menu was a recycle bin. And I don't have the disk to
| reinstall is there any way to retreive them programs.

Hello,

It seems that you did a clean install of Windows XP instead of an upgrade install. This removed all
your programs and settings. You will have to get the original Office disk to re-install the Office
applications (Excel, Powerpoint etc).

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Mslilred" <Mslilred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had Windows 98/SE with Microsoft publisher, excel, powerpoint, and a few
> others. I upgraded to Window XP and it erased everything. The only thing I
> had on the start menu was a recycle bin. And I don't have the disk to
> reinstall is there any way to retreive them programs.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:00:01 -0700, "Mslilred"
<Mslilred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had Windows 98/SE with Microsoft publisher, excel, powerpoint, and a few
>others. I upgraded to Window XP and it erased everything. The only thing I
>had on the start menu was a recycle bin. And I don't have the disk to
>reinstall is there any way to retreive them programs.

No.