Can anyone identify these cables?

5n4p

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
I am basically salvaging an All-In-One PC for parts and the LCD panel on the machine is fully functional.
I have never really tore apart an all in one pc yet, this is my first time.
These are the connections that were connected to the motherboard and I am not too certain of what they are called.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

picture:
http://i54.tinypic.com/nl5qom.jpg

insaneclowngod

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009

As far as I am aware, there is no name for the connection, as it is proprietary. Many compact PC's (all-in-one's or notebooks) use connections similar to that, but the pinouts of the cable are not universal. The smaller (4 or 5 pin) cable would more than likely be for the webcam if the All-in-one has one just above the lcd.

i'm sure that whoever made the all-in-one pc has a name for the cable but it does look proprietary as the above poster mentioned. more than likely the machine also has a custom motherboard which supports such connections.

what exactly are you trying to salvage out of your old aio? what are you hoping to do with said parts once you have them out?

if you wanted to only use the monitor as a screen for another pc then we need to know how the panel is hooked up. is this the cable you pictured? what about a power cable?

stating the make/model of the aio as well as an overall description of what you hope to accomplish can help.