upgradin from home to professional

is there any sort off upgrade software i can buy to change my xp home edition
to xp professional or do i have to buy the full edition of xp pro?

Windows XP Pro Upgrade will do the upgrade very nicely.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

In news:184BA085-D887-4C89-B49F-AB2FE6624FB6@microsoft.com,
jacktherippa <jacktherippa@knivesRus.com> typed:

> is there any sort off upgrade software i can buy to change my
> xp home
> edition to xp professional or do i have to buy the full edition
> of xp
> pro?

Yes, you can upgrade XP Home to Professional. There is no special
upgrade version just for this, but the regular XP Professional
Upgrade works fine (although it doesn't say so on the box).

But are you sure you want to do this? Are you aware that XP Home
and Professional are identical except that Professional includes
a few features (mostly related to security and networking)
missing from Home? Most home users don't need and would never use
these extra features and will see no benefits by upgrading.

For details go to

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/whichxp.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.asp

Also note that Professional allows ten concurrent network
connections, and Home only five.

Please reply to the newsgroup