Parts number question for Black Knight

I have a Black Knight that had water damage that ended up dripping on
some under-playfield parts (the game was stored on end with water
dripping on the coin door over the years). the game is in good shape,
but some of the parts are rusted and I don't have a listing for the
parts numbers. maybe someone else can tell me?

The rusted parts I need to replace are several plungers. I need the
parts numbers so I can order them.

1. pop bumper plunger

2. eject hole plungers (2 - one for the top and one for the bottom
playfield)

3. slinshot plungers

4. drop target plungers (3 sets of drop targets, one on the top, one
in the center, and one to the left).

5. flipper plungers

By the way, couldn't find these part numbers listed anywhere. where do
folks find part numbers for a game like Black Knight or Medusa, etc.?

stevebo

In the manual generally, but even those old part numbers don't mean
much these days. Steve Young has his own numbers for most of those
things and will gladly tell you that he doesn't want your "old" part
numbers. Does the BK manual not have the numbers?

They're in an older Williams parts catalog, one that covers several
games of a certain era. I know Dave at FAO has the parts catalogs, I'm
not sure about these older parts though.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

Steve C wrote:
> I have a Black Knight that had water damage that ended up dripping on
> some under-playfield parts (the game was stored on end with water
> dripping on the coin door over the years). the game is in good shape,
> but some of the parts are rusted and I don't have a listing for the
> parts numbers. maybe someone else can tell me?
>
> The rusted parts I need to replace are several plungers. I need the
> parts numbers so I can order them.
>
> 1. pop bumper plunger
>
> 2. eject hole plungers (2 - one for the top and one for the bottom
> playfield)
>
> 3. slinshot plungers
>
> 4. drop target plungers (3 sets of drop targets, one on the top, one
> in the center, and one to the left).
>
> 5. flipper plungers
>
> By the way, couldn't find these part numbers listed anywhere. where do
> folks find part numbers for a game like Black Knight or Medusa, etc.?
>

> stevebo

Steve I can probably track down most of these numbers for you, whether I
have them or not is a different story. At least we may get part numbers
so Steve Young doesn't yell at you quite so much...

Dave

--

Dave Mercer
For Amusement Only

Nope, no part numbers for the plungers. Can't find it listed anywhere
either. seems hard to believe it isn't at least somewhere to be found.

stevebo

On 16 Aug 2005 15:14:54 -0700, "Chris Lyon" <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In the manual generally, but even those old part numbers don't mean
>much these days. Steve Young has his own numbers for most of those
>things and will gladly tell you that he doesn't want your "old" part
>numbers. Does the BK manual not have the numbers?

Here you go: Referenced to Black Knight: game 500.

1. pop bumper plunger: 02-3406-1

2. eject hole plungers (2 - one for the top and one for the bottom
playfield): 02=3407

3. slinshot plungers: 02-2364

4. drop target plungers (3 sets of drop targets, one on the top, one
in the center, and one to the left): 02-3972

5. flipper plungers: This one was a little complicated. Unless you
called in to William's for this part they would only provide a kit. It
was called Plunger and crank assy. The actual plunger was
02-3407-C8230. The kit was called A-8232-x. The X was either a R or
and L for left and right. The funny part about this was we used the
slingshot plungers, (same part number-we thought), until we discovered
something interesting. They did not last as long. There was
apparantly something different in the plating process.

I guess I am one of the few who kept the distributor parts program. It
runs slow, and under dos, but it has served me well.

Mario
Pinthetic

hey man thanks a lot. that's exactly what I'm after. interesting about
the flipper plungers.

thanks again,

steve corley