Julie

I have been on explorer when this has happend and also when simply writing an
email.
What happend was..., whatever I was doing closed out ( I think it did anyway)
and a funny warning shows up and says that I need a driver adapter update.

It said to start my machine in safe mode. It is really hard to read as the
message fills the screen and is in double letters, like this....tthhiiss.
It is also broken up in vertical lines ( you know straight up and down on
the screen?).

When it was reported to MS the Ms site says that it could be something
overheating or something may be getting ready to go out.
Wow, can anyone tell me what is happening? I thought perhaps it was a trial
program I had downloaded to help me with my typing and ten key, so I got rid
of that program, cleaned everything up including restore. But the problem
happend again.
I scanned for viruses but it showed nothing but the usual Gain thing that
nobody can get rid of, even the remover tool says I don't have it on my
computer..huh! Go figure I guess.
Please tell my you have some knowledge as to my problem!!!

Julie,

* right-click on 'My Computer' on your desktop, click Properties

* click Hardware tab > click Device Manager

* expand (+) the 'Keyboards' heading

* right-click on your installed Keyboard driver, select 'Uninstall'

* click Start > select Turnoff Computer > select Restart

* the keyboard driver will reinstall on startup

* if problem persists, go to the Keyboard manufacturer's web

site for an updated driver

Drew

"julie" <julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been on explorer when this has happend and also when simply writing
>an
> email.
> What happend was..., whatever I was doing closed out ( I think it did
> anyway)
> and a funny warning shows up and says that I need a driver adapter update.
>
> It said to start my machine in safe mode. It is really hard to read as
> the
> message fills the screen and is in double letters, like this....tthhiiss.
> It is also broken up in vertical lines ( you know straight up and down on
> the screen?).
>
> When it was reported to MS the Ms site says that it could be something
> overheating or something may be getting ready to go out.
> Wow, can anyone tell me what is happening? I thought perhaps it was a
> trial
> program I had downloaded to help me with my typing and ten key, so I got
> rid
> of that program, cleaned everything up including restore. But the problem
> happend again.
> I scanned for viruses but it showed nothing but the usual Gain thing that
> nobody can get rid of, even the remover tool says I don't have it on my
> computer..huh! Go figure I guess.
> Please tell my you have some knowledge as to my problem!!!

Julie

Thank you Drew...I did what you said to do and I will let you know if it
happens again anytime soon.
But may I ask, what made you think it was my keyboard?

"Drew Tognola" wrote:

> Julie,
>
> * right-click on 'My Computer' on your desktop, click Properties
>
> * click Hardware tab > click Device Manager
>
> * expand (+) the 'Keyboards' heading
>
> * right-click on your installed Keyboard driver, select 'Uninstall'
>
> * click Start > select Turnoff Computer > select Restart
>
> * the keyboard driver will reinstall on startup
>
> * if problem persists, go to the Keyboard manufacturer's web
>
> site for an updated driver
>
> Drew
>

> "julie" <julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been on explorer when this has happend and also when simply writing
> >an
> > email.
> > What happend was..., whatever I was doing closed out ( I think it did
> > anyway)
> > and a funny warning shows up and says that I need a driver adapter update.
> >
> > It said to start my machine in safe mode. It is really hard to read as
> > the
> > message fills the screen and is in double letters, like this....tthhiiss.
> > It is also broken up in vertical lines ( you know straight up and down on
> > the screen?).
> >
> > When it was reported to MS the Ms site says that it could be something
> > overheating or something may be getting ready to go out.
> > Wow, can anyone tell me what is happening? I thought perhaps it was a
> > trial
> > program I had downloaded to help me with my typing and ten key, so I got
> > rid
> > of that program, cleaned everything up including restore. But the problem
> > happend again.
> > I scanned for viruses but it showed nothing but the usual Gain thing that
> > nobody can get rid of, even the remover tool says I don't have it on my
> > computer..huh! Go figure I guess.
> > Please tell my you have some knowledge as to my problem!!!

Julie,

Well, with computers it's usually a process of elimination. I based it on
your sentence "It is really hard to read as the message fills the screen and
is in double letters, like this....tthhiiss". Lets start with the keyboard.
If the problem is still occurring then we can probably eliminate the
Keyboard. However, if your screen acts up again, the next step is to
possibly update your keyboard driver.

In Device Manager, after right-clicking your keyboard Driver, click
Properties > click the 'Driver' tab. What is your Keyboard's name,
manufacturer, Driver date & Driver version?

Drew

"julie" <julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been on explorer when this has happend and also when simply writing
>an
> email.
> What happend was..., whatever I was doing closed out ( I think it did
> anyway)
> and a funny warning shows up and says that I need a driver adapter update.
>
> It said to start my machine in safe mode. It is really hard to read as
> the
> message fills the screen and is in double letters, like this....tthhiiss.
> It is also broken up in vertical lines ( you know straight up and down on
> the screen?).
>
> When it was reported to MS the Ms site says that it could be something
> overheating or something may be getting ready to go out.
> Wow, can anyone tell me what is happening? I thought perhaps it was a
> trial
> program I had downloaded to help me with my typing and ten key, so I got
> rid
> of that program, cleaned everything up including restore. But the problem
> happend again.
> I scanned for viruses but it showed nothing but the usual Gain thing that
> nobody can get rid of, even the remover tool says I don't have it on my
> computer..huh! Go figure I guess.
> Please tell my you have some knowledge as to my problem!!!

Julie,

Just a hunch but inside the Device Manager, go into 'Display Adapter' .
Right-click your installed Display Adapter > select Properties > select
Update Driver. If the driver is updated, see if that corrects the problem.
If not, select 'Uninstall' instead of 'Update Driver', then reboot and the
driver will reinstall. Good possibility after reading your e-mail again.

Drew

"julie" <julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been on explorer when this has happend and also when simply writing
>an
> email.
> What happend was..., whatever I was doing closed out ( I think it did
> anyway)
> and a funny warning shows up and says that I need a driver adapter update.
>
> It said to start my machine in safe mode. It is really hard to read as
> the
> message fills the screen and is in double letters, like this....tthhiiss.
> It is also broken up in vertical lines ( you know straight up and down on
> the screen?).
>
> When it was reported to MS the Ms site says that it could be something
> overheating or something may be getting ready to go out.
> Wow, can anyone tell me what is happening? I thought perhaps it was a
> trial
> program I had downloaded to help me with my typing and ten key, so I got
> rid
> of that program, cleaned everything up including restore. But the problem
> happend again.
> I scanned for viruses but it showed nothing but the usual Gain thing that
> nobody can get rid of, even the remover tool says I don't have it on my
> computer..huh! Go figure I guess.
> Please tell my you have some knowledge as to my problem!!!

Julie

I tried the uninstall for the keyboard and haven't had any problems yet. It
has been about 3 days now.
I also tried the uninstall for the display adapter, you spoke of. I will
let you know if I have anymore problems.
By the way...to update the display diriver, I did not know which one I
should choose, so I uninstalled it.

Thank you so much for the help.