Anyone know anything about old gun games???

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I just found a 1975 Chicago Coin Twin Rifle game for 50 dollars. It comes
on and reset the score reels but that is all it did. It has a really nice
backglass. I haven't bought it. I wanted to find out if they where hard
to fix or get parts for. Any help would be great. Thanks

It's likely just a relay switch adjustment. If you have schematics, it
makes life much easier. Are there any cut wires or evidence of missing
parts? If it looks complete, it can be repaired. For $50, I would roll the
dice and buy it. But that's just me. Good luck...John

--
FunHouse...Cyclone...Eight Ball...Solar Ride...Silverball Mania...Medieval
Madness :)
"Phil" <cr24kiss@cox.net> wrote in message
>I just found a 1975 Chicago Coin Twin Rifle game for 50 dollars. It comes
> on and reset the score reels but that is all it did. It has a really nice
> backglass. I haven't bought it. I wanted to find out if they where hard
> to fix or get parts for. Any help would be great. Thanks

There have been a few good restoration articles in Gameroom magazine
previously in case you want to do some research. For $50 I don't think
you can go wrong, some of them have some interesting sound devices like
old 8 track taoe and the like. They are pretty heavy because a lot of
them have the targets set down in the bottom of the cabinet and you
actually look at them through a mirror in the back of the case. Some of
them fetch a pretty penny like the Haunted House that was on eBay.
Clays sight has alot of info on repair and this model is probably
listed there.

it's only about the best gun game from the 1970s. you should
get it and pass it on to me!!

Phil wrote:
> I just found a 1975 Chicago Coin Twin Rifle game for 50 dollars. It comes
> on and reset the score reels but that is all it did. It has a really nice
> backglass. I haven't bought it. I wanted to find out if they where hard
> to fix or get parts for. Any help would be great. Thanks

for $50 you can't go wrong. and if you get it fixed, it will be a hell of a
lot of fun! i'd love to have a working one in my game room.
Dan

"Phil" <cr24kiss@cox.net> wrote in message
>I just found a 1975 Chicago Coin Twin Rifle game for 50 dollars. It comes
> on and reset the score reels but that is all it did. It has a really nice
> backglass. I haven't bought it. I wanted to find out if they where hard
> to fix or get parts for. Any help would be great. Thanks

I fixed one up a couple years ago. Wasn't hard to repair, mostly a lot
of cleaning. Twin Rifle has a lot of coils, relays and a few motors, one
that drives the countdown timer, one that drives the flying duck/goose
and one that continuously runs the chain driven herd of deer. The one I
worked on was gummed up as someone oiled the plungers on the coils. What
a mess. Once cleaned and the relays points gapped correctly it played
great! Oh and lots of ultraviolet tubes too! I think there are 6? If the
one you get (and yes at $50 I say GET IT!) has the correct 8 track tape
DO let us know as I need one for the one I fixed up. Earth Wind and Fire
just doen't seem to be the right one for it :) Parts shouldn't be a
problem except the critters. I cut my own from cardstock and painted
with flourescent paints. Jeff Stotlar has one that he's parted out and
is saving some important parts. If you get it and need anything let me
know and I'll give you his email. Happy hunting!

Phil wrote:
> I just found a 1975 Chicago Coin Twin Rifle game for 50 dollars. It comes
> on and reset the score reels but that is all it did. It has a really nice
> backglass. I haven't bought it. I wanted to find out if they where hard
> to fix or get parts for. Any help would be great. Thanks

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

jeff

I recently restored a Twin Rifle and I parted out a complete game. I
can help out with just about any part. I sold the 8 track already, but
it was just a cheesy 8 track player. Any car 8 track from the 70's
would work just fine as it did not have its own soundtrack. I can also
help out with new sites for the guns. These are always broken off, so I
just make new ones.

Cliffy:

According to my info, Twin Rifle was not provided with a tape,
just the player. It was up to the operator to put in whatever
tape he wanted. MP3's of the sound effects for many of the
other games with 8-track sounds are on my web site here:

http://arcadearchive.com/em/sound/

-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/

"Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I fixed one up a couple years ago. Wasn't hard to repair, mostly a lot of
>cleaning. Twin Rifle has a lot of coils, relays and a few motors, one that
>drives the countdown timer, one that drives the flying duck/goose and one
>that continuously runs the chain driven herd of deer. The one I worked on
>was gummed up as someone oiled the plungers on the coils. What a mess. Once
>cleaned and the relays points gapped correctly it played great! Oh and lots
>of ultraviolet tubes too! I think there are 6? If the one you get (and yes
>at $50 I say GET IT!) has the correct 8 track tape DO let us know as I need
>one for the one I fixed up. Earth Wind and Fire just doen't seem to be the
>right one for it :) Parts shouldn't be a problem except the critters. I cut
>my own from cardstock and painted with flourescent paints. Jeff Stotlar has
>one that he's parted out and is saving some important parts. If you get it
>and need anything let me know and I'll give you his email. Happy hunting!
>
> Phil wrote:
>> I just found a 1975 Chicago Coin Twin Rifle game for 50 dollars. It
>> comes
>> on and reset the score reels but that is all it did. It has a really
>> nice
>> backglass. I haven't bought it. I wanted to find out if they where
>> hard
>> to fix or get parts for. Any help would be great. Thanks
>>

> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> A passion for pinball!
> http://www.passionforpinball.com

Really!? Thanks for that info Mark :) However, I still think EWF is just
wrong in there :) Something like wildlife sounds would fit. I'll tell my
buddy you have those and maybe have him get one from ya.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

Cliffy:

Check out the sounds for Wild Kindom. It's more a jungle
than forest sound, but at least it's not Earth Wind & Fire...

-Mark