Is there a way to tell ?

Hi ... I have a retail version on xp pro which I slipstream it with sp2
, Now my brother has a retail version of home which I also slipstream
it with sp2 , My problem is I can't remember which copy is xp pro or
home , Is there a way to find out what copy of windows is on a disc
without having to install it ? Thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Put the cd on the drive and you can guess it by the name of the cd(if you
    haven't altered)at 'My Computer'.
    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    "XPUser" wrote:

    > Hi ... I have a retail version on xp pro which I slipstream it with sp2
    > , Now my brother has a retail version of home which I also slipstream
    > it with sp2 , My problem is I can't remember which copy is xp pro or
    > home , Is there a way to find out what copy of windows is on a disc
    > without having to install it ? Thanks

    Hi .... What I notice is this WXPCCP_EN and WXPFPP_EN does this help ?
    Thanks

    Hi .... What I notice is this WXPCCP_EN and WXPFPP_EN does this help ?
    Thanks

    Thanks goes to everyone for helping ....

    It seems that both of those are of XP Pro.

    WXPFPP_EN is for XP Professional
    WXHFPP_EN for XP Home

    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    "XPUser" wrote:

    > Hi .... What I notice is this WXPCCP_EN and WXPFPP_EN does this help ?
    > Thanks

    A quick google search returns:

    WXHFPP_EN = XP Home
    WXPFPP_EN = XP Professional

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
    either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
    reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
    direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
    of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

    XPUser wrote:
    > Hi ... I have a retail version on xp pro which I slipstream it with sp2
    > , Now my brother has a retail version of home which I also slipstream
    > it with sp2 , My problem is I can't remember which copy is xp pro or
    > home , Is there a way to find out what copy of windows is on a disc
    > without having to install it ? Thanks

    In the future, consider using a subject that's more detailed and
    specific that "Is there a way to tell?"

    "Z" <Z@no.spam> wrote in message news:eY1Xe.43158$1g2.5218@fe05.lga...
    > XPUser wrote:
    >> Hi ... I have a retail version on xp pro which I slipstream it with sp2
    >> , Now my brother has a retail version of home which I also slipstream
    >> it with sp2 , My problem is I can't remember which copy is xp pro or
    >> home , Is there a way to find out what copy of windows is on a disc
    >> without having to install it ? Thanks
    >>

    > In the future, consider using a subject that's more detailed and specific
    > that "Is there a way to tell?"

    Not a very helpful answer. Put the cd in the player, don't let it
    autostart. Go to it in "My computer" and right click it, choose properties,
    and look at the date it was done. Unless you did them both the same day,
    the one with the earliest date is the one you did first.

    Jone Doe wrote:
    >>In the future, consider using a subject that's more detailed and specific
    >>that "Is there a way to tell?"
    >

    > Not a very helpful answer.

    You're right, but it was still more helpful than the subject.

    WXPCCP_EN = Windows XP Professional Upgrade
    WXPFPP_EN = Windows XP Professional Retail

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    > Hi .... What I notice is this WXPCCP_EN and WXPFPP_EN does this help ?
    > Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP